• Start date
  • Replies 8 Comments
  • Views 3,226 Views

Rubyn

Since
Jan 24, 2010
Score
Tokens
Jamie Foxx appears for the second time as a mentor. This time, he shows up with t-shirts and asks the contestants if they want to be known as just “contestants” or “artists”. Considering all four are very well versed on the guitar, I’d guess they would like to be considered the latter. Oh that silly Jamie Foxx!

jamie-foxx-wanda-300x296.jpg

"I got chu, yo mine, an I am ret to go!"

I am writing this after I have heard all of the performances and I have to say that it is completely unfair to blame the contestants for song choice. I suppose people do not realize that they are given a small pool of songs to choose from, many times in which they have to fight over the same song. And then people like Simon Cowell have the balls to say “Out of thousands of song choices, I don’t understand why you chose this song.” Unreal.

Lee Dewyze

Kiss from a Rose - Seal

There is no way a guy with pitch problems would pick a song with challenging intervals. Absolutely no way. Lee was all over the place and I felt a little bad for him. When he was finished, he didn't seem very pleased with “his” song choice.

Randy - You did nothing with that song, it was pitchy in spots.
Ellen - You could have done more with the song, but that being said, you are good.
Kara - It is a difficult song to sing, but you are still great.
Simon - That was verging on karaoke, i.e., verging on trying too hard to sound like the original.

Michael Lynche

Will You Be There – Michael Jackson

It was pretty obvious that Big Mile didn’t voluntarily choose this song. They have to make the best of what they are given, but he did not look happy. He sounded alright and I liked the gospel quintet in the background, but something just didn’t seem right.

Randy - Listen, yo yo yo yo yo yo....I didn't love this for you, I wish you would have chosen an R& B song.
Ellen - From one of the great classic movies, Free Willy...it was a little bit predictible.
Kara - Tonight, I wanted goose bumps, but I didn't feel that from you.
Simon - I don't understand what Free Willy is.

DUET

Crystal & Lee

Falling Slowly - Glen Hansard and Markta Irglov

This song is from one of my favorite modern musicals, Once. I could do an entire write-up on this movie alone. Here is a youtube video of the original from the movie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoSL_qayMCc. I love everything about the music and I was thrilled to hear them singing the song together. Ladies and gentlemen, I believe that we may have our final two contestants here.

All four judges loved the duet and so did I.

Casey James

Mrs. Robinson – Simon and Garfunkel

To me, Casey is the most musically talented of the contestants left. I am not quite sure what happened over the last two weeks, but he has somehow fall out of the good graces of the fickle public. I loved his arrangement, stripped down with the mandolin. But alas, let us not forget the American Idol curse. This is the week for a “rocker” to be sent home. Considering both Lee and Casey share a similar audience, one must go. Sadly, the more talented of the two will probably perish.

Randy - Dude, why did you choose that song (implying a Kara complex)?
Ellen - I like that you came back and did something different with your song and I thought it was really smart.
Kara - For me, I feel you are fighting to stay in the contest, for me this was a good choice.
Simon - I do not feel your song had the substance required on an important night like this.

Crystal Bowersox

I'm Alright - Kenny Loggins

Ok, I may be late to the game and perhaps the big joke is on me. So is Crystal actually supposed to be the second coming of Janis? Is that what the big draw is here? She does everything BUT sing a Joplin song…but apparently everyone is “getting it” but me. I guess the writing was on the wall all along, I mean, I get it….she definitely has the stinky homeless hippie look with the Jack Daniels voice going on. Well shucks, they have all pulled the wool right over my eyes. And guess what? I still don’t like her. So put that in your pot pipe and smoke it, hippies.

Randy - Alright so yo, I've been saying this since day one, you are always trying to switch it up. Nice job.
Ellen - You took that song and actually made it better.
Kara - You took the song and made it better and I agree with Randy....ARTIST!
Simon - You, Crystal, are back in the game.

DUET

Casey & Michael

Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman – Bryan Adams

When the song first started, I was certain that I would not like it at all. But guess what? I loved it. When the camera panned out to show both of them playing guitar, it hit me that there are some amazingly talented kids on the show this year. Sure, it may be boring to us because this is the 9th season and after all, we have pretty much seen it all. Remember Season 2 when some of us (not me) thought that Clay Aiken was brilliant? Could you imagine that guy holding a candle to any of the remaining four contestants? I doubt you could.

In conclusion of this show, it is pretty obvious that the duets upstaged the individual performances. I am not exactly sure what this means except perhaps that the contestants all equally hated their solos.

So…someone has to leave. I think they are all talented in their own rights, but who is deserving of the final three spots? If I had my choice, Dewyze would be sent packing. Sadly, I think it will be Casey who will be moving on to bigger and better things, doomed to a life performing at malls across America until his 19E contract expires.

Randy - Listen, yo yo yo yo yo yo....I didn't love this for you, I wish you would have chosen an R& B song.
Ellen - From one of the great classic movies, Free Willy...it was a little bit predictible.
Kara - Tonight, I wanted goose bumps, but I didn't feel that from you.
Simon - I don't understand what Free Willy is.

hahahahahahahaha

anyway, I like Bowersox and Dewyze, but they're my picks so I'm biased

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNo9HUtrr8E

Enigma, I really liked that performance. I have a feeling you dun well with your picks.

All are super, excellent, and full of energetic. the performance given by them is amazing.

LinwoodGraves3, why did you post your address in your profile??

because he's fucking creepy is why

linwood, we need some some idol winners for you this year. thanks.