Africans enslaved more Europeans then Europeans enslaved Africans

• Start date
  • Replies 133 Comments
  • Views 4,541 Views
:redcard: Hey, that's the best thread we got going. We're all friends here.
This forum wasn't always meant to be a gathering of low level bigots. Just cause somebody took off with the ban button doesn't mean we will allow this kind of behaviour. :whippedass:

News flash for ya.

You're low level.

News flash...one a person calls another trash..

Expect rubuttal.

If it was only up to me I would never buy a house. Fok that noise.

Half the marriages in the US end in divorce and I am sure the other 50% aren't always completely smooth.

I think those numbers dwarf adult crack bag lickers.

I think the word "choose" you used to describe home ownership in life is incorrect.

Choose is when you pick a crispy chicken sandwich over a grilled one.

Home ownership is not as easy a choosing to own.

That's how we roll on the south side of Chicago..we talk about lazy niggers, when we drink someone might get decked.

Not shot.

And it wasn't the yard...garage...heated...sectional couch...tv...fridge...probably as big as a apartment in Toronto.

What else?

I deal with a lot of south side Irish and Lithuanians and they don't hate blacks, they hate lazy.

News flash for ya.

You're low level.

News flash...one a person calls another trash..

Expect rubuttal.

There has been low-level bigotry from day one here House.

If it was only up to me I would never buy a house. Fok that noise.

Yeah I mean why would you want to eventually own the place you live in as well as gain equity to draw off of if needed? Why not have something to pass down to your kids one day? Flushing rent down someone else's toilet makes so much more sense, very good point.

Yeah I mean why would you want to eventually own the place you live in as well as gain equity to draw off of if needed? Why not have something to pass down to your kids one day? Flushing rent down someone else's toilet makes so much more sense, very good point.

This is a disingenuous argument at best.

Buying a house means you're enriching the bank directly, instead of the landlord.

Assuming a minimal downpayment and a 25y mortgage, interest payments alone amount to more or less the cost of renting over the same period. YMMV and all that. The point is, interest is a fokking killer unless you have a massive downpayment. I don't have a massive downpayment.

The one good argument about buying is that for fuck-ups like me, a house is the best way to build one's net worth. It's a forced savings account.

Then your furnace breaks, your wife comes home and you're playing Call of Duty while wrapped in a blanket, and your brother-in-law makes fun of you on the Internet.

Matty gets it.

I'm going to buy a house before long. I don't really want to but I know it's good for me.

BTW houser it was unadulterated cocaine, not crack.

I'm a complex man.

I'm sorry I called you white trash. Maybe we can compromise on meathead? More-articulate-than-average meathead?

I used to never wanna own. But rent has gone up 50% over last 3year's or so. There's a number where it becomes a play.

Also I was thinking about the interest and it feels like a ripoff. But how do you account for the inflation factor? I mean you're payment in 30 years maybe very small.

The idea is to invest the money you're not putting towards a mortgage, and those savings hopefully beat the vig (inflation).

Lots of variables at play. But it's not nearly as close to a slam dunk as the homeowner propaganda wants you to think.

It's little more than a social status thing to a lot of people.

:sparesomecutter:
I used to never wanna own. But rent has gone up 50% over last 3year's or so. There's a number where it becomes a play.

Also I was thinking about the interest and it feels like a ripoff. But how do you account for the inflation factor? I mean you're payment in 30 years maybe very small.

Bacon can answer this better than me but it seems like now is the time to buy with low rates.

The idea is to invest the money you're not putting towards a mortgage, and those savings hopefully beat the vig (inflation).

Lots of variables at play. But it's not nearly as close to a slam dunk as the homeowner propaganda wants you to think.

It's little more than a social status thing to a lot of people.

Homeowner propaganda? Social Status? WTH? This may be the strangest post I've ever read.

House-are we the only ones who own our homes? They must do things differently in Canada.

Homeowners tend to think less of renters. It is especially true in urban areas. This is not a Canadian thing.

There are lots of house owners on Gamelive. Saulty, Pucky. And lots more. :wah:

Homeowners tend to think less of renters. It is especially true in urban areas. This is not a Canadian thing.

Interesting. I would think it would be moreso in non-urban areas because I think of cities having more single people who don't spend a lot of time at home. Honestly I don't know many people who rent..especially with families. To each his own though. I don't think homeowners look down on renters as much as probably not understanding it.

My Denver "house" is a townhome and definitely an advantage to not having to deal with lawn, snow removal etc.

My condo building is like 80% renters. They have to offer cash incentives to landlords to nominate proxies to show up at condo board meetings and such.

Buying these condos makes little sense.

There are lots of house owners on Gamelive. Saulty, Pucky. And lots more. :wah:
That's right. I knew Pucky was. Lots though?

All that being said though I will be glad to ditch both houses in lieu of a townhome/condo a few years after mom is gone. I do hate the maintenance/upkeep.

My condo building is like 80% renters. They have to offer cash incentives to landlords to nominate proxies to show up at condo board meetings and such.

Buying these condos makes little sense.
Why do the landlords have to show up at the board meetings? I get those cards in the mail all the time and I ignore them. Incidently I just raised my renter's rent by $400/month....still $400-500 below market...getting very expensive to live in Denver Reno. Hey! BTW, when did Caldonia's close?

Also...I know Aurora anyway has all sorts of programs for first time home owners...at least they used to. I know a friend of mine with zero savings got a very nice place with next to nothing down.