Adirable or pathetic?

• Total voters

stevek173

BANNED
Since
Jan 30, 2010
Score
Tokens
My fiancee's annoyed at me for this, but I feel like I made a nice +EV play.
The other night I'm coming home late and I'm about to run out of gas.
I live in the sticks so no gas stations open for 20 miles and obviously the love of my life used up what we had in the extra gas can.

So, since I'm a AAA Plus member I get free gas. So I pull over, call them and lie that I ran out of fuel.
Wait about 40 minutes, get fueled up, drive home.
Admirable in its practicality in your opinion or pathetic to lie and be so cheap?

What's funny is I almost forgot to turn the engine off when the guy showed up; that would've been awkward :)

Before I can make my decision I need to ask whether you could of made it home or would you have run out of gas.

Before I can make my decision I need to ask whether you could of made it home or would you have run out of gas.

Good question. I would predict I would've made it home, about 5 miles. I had been running on E or lower for roughly 30 miles.
That being said I don't know if I would have made it back into towm to a gas station the next day.

Good call Stevie! That's what you pay them for. :thumbup:

Well if you think you could've made it home without being stranded, it comes down to the theory of time equaling money.

How long did you sit there for waiting, and how much money does it cost to fill up your tank?

I voted pathetic loser.
Nothing to do with this tale, however.

He said he waited 40 minutes for the gas to show up Moldy.

I am going to have to go with none of the above. Waiting 40 minutes for a couple of gallons of free gas is not worth it to me. I would of taken the chance to get home as I value my time more. Worst case I call AAA anyways and get my free gas then.

I am not going to call you a loser for it so choice #2 is out.

By the way I am curious about one thing. If you were being cheap, and you have to wait 40 minutes for AAA to arrive with the gas, why was the car still running? Does that mean you sat there for 40 minutes with the car on? Surely you could of made it home then :grin:

One more question. Were you alone in the car? Or did you have that chick wearing nothing but soap suds from your Photobucket sitting next to you?

This greatly affects whether or not this was a +EV play.

I voted Pathetic...you don't use the service until you actually run out of gas..had you run out on your way home or the next day...then Make the call to AAA

Let me put it this way: if I did that, I would not feel like it was my finest hour.

Not a Stevek173 fan? Man, I like to get along w all...I still like u tho

Just messin, stevek. Maybe my sense of humour (such as it is) is too dry.
I am a big fan of your avatars.

I would ahve driven home and then called so the wait wouldn't have mattered. It is still adorable or what ever you call it.

I think it sounds like a perfectly reasonable use of a service that you pay for.