A Question About Balls

• Start date
  • Replies 37 Comments
  • Views 1,948 Views
I think this is an interesting question, I mean you don't see females running around with their ovaries hanging out.

Exactly, which brings up the probably very important concept that you do not need nearly as many fertile men as women to sustain a population. I think you're on to something here. Men are much more expendable, fertility-wise.

I suspect that will be a big part of the answer when I get around to looking it up.

Pleasure of teabagging must have been taken into consideration(maybe undue) too.

MrX
Exactly, which brings up the probably very important concept that you do not need nearly as many fertile men as women to sustain a population. I think you're on to something here. Men are much more expendable, fertility-wise.

I suspect that will be a big part of the answer when I get around to looking it up.

Yeah I'm kind of curious now too...

i'm curious

130703_SCI_Velvet-monkey.jpg.CROP.rectangle3-large.jpg

Forgot to post the answer, or lack of an answer, as the case may be. It's a bit of a mystery.

Here are some things I learned:

The idea that cooling is the reason that we have external testicles has fallen out of favor. It's more likely that we evolved external testicles, and then they evolved to work best at the lower temperatures.

External testicles are important enough that they evolved twice. Once in placental mammals (us) and independently in marsupials.

Marsupials have their scrotum IN FRONT of their penises!
pic4322.jpg

Right whales have testicles that way in at over 1000 lbs a piece.

One of the most promising theories of scrotal development is that the testicles had to migrate outside the abdominal cavity in animals whose movements created high pressures in the abdomen which created problems with sperm development.

That's all I got. Not a very satisfying answer. Read more here: http://www.slate.com/articles/healt...ling_galloping_display_or_something_else.html

well that monkey has bright balls!!

Fucking with your junk backwards sounds difficult.

I guess that makes sense about the abdomen.

you just wanted to post the blue balls, admit it. All that build up

MrX
Right whales have testicles that way in at over 1000 lbs a piece.

:facepalm: "weigh in"

Some pro.

you just wanted to post the blue balls, admit it. All that build up

So what of it? It's a legitimate form of expression.

I like balls, they are fun to play with.

Boy, though, imagine having balls in front of your penis. Poor kangaroos. Way to go, God.

MrX
Boy, though, imagine having balls in front of your penis. Poor kangaroos. Way to go, God.

Pretty much a daily occurrence for gay men.

Planning to put at least 20 swedish meatballs in my mouth shortly.

Side of rice.