• Replies 13 Comments
  • Views 557 Views

Tron

Since
Jan 28, 2010
Score
Tokens
Babe Ruth made his MLB debut at Fenway Park

7 IP, 2 earned runs and he went 0-2 with the bat. One batter he faced was "Shoeless" Joe Jackson.

LOL, what a shitty hitter that Babe was.

He received his nickname "Shoeless" Joe Jackson after playing a minor league game in his stockings because a new pair of spikes had given him blisters on his feet the previous day

Going to Fenway does feel like you're stepping into a time machine that brings you 100 years back. Even the streets and shops around it seem frozen in time.

Good shit, n'est-ce-pas Boner.

It makes Canadian baseball look and feel like ASS.

this is the best baseball thread. :clap: I'd like to see Fenway. Wrigley field area seemed pretty cool too when I was there.

The Babe :woohoo:

Best baseball park hands down.

Best area to drink surrounding it hands down.

Never been to Fenway (and don't doubt you) but Wrigleyville has some epic bars all surrounding the park

You basically walk out the stadium and into a bar in every possible direction

My guess is Fenway is probably much of the same - is parking a nightmare like Wrigley?

My beef with Miller Park is that it's basically just a huge slab of concrete and highway-inside the park is cool but that's about it

Never been to Fenway (and don't doubt you) but Wrigleyville has some epic bars all surrounding the park

You basically walk out the stadium and into a bar in every possible direction

My guess is Fenway is probably much of the same - is parking a nightmare like Wrigley?

My beef with Miller Park is that it's basically just a huge slab of concrete and highway-inside the park is cool but that's about it

Plenty of parking spots but expensive. I have never had a problem driving in and out when I go.

Yeah, it sounds essentially like the Wrigley Field set up. Bars and souvenir shops surround the ballpark.

100 years ago today, Archduke Franz Ferdinand had been assassinated and the seeds of World War 1 were germinating.

I wonder what that was like. WW1.

Sucky I bet.