• Replies 66 Comments
  • Views 4,301 Views

betplom

RPM
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
This is just ONE reason why I can't agree with (or grasp) the concept of organized religion/god.

Humans don't usually live to 100 yrs. According to Christianity we earn a place in heaven by not killing, stealing stuff, or fucking the neighbors wife.
(Notice how the neighbours wife gets zero fault?)

We have a measly 100 yrs to qualify for an eternity/infinity in heaven. If this is true it seems as though "god" is a bit of a sadistical cunt.
Oh and don't get me started on him being offended cause I called him a cunt. He created the heavens and earth but his fragile ego is offended by some speck of dust on the earth named plommer that likes to chuck the C word around.

Also, god is all powerful, ie more powerful than "SATAN" but GOD allows SATAN to exist and torture punish the bad kiddos for eternity cause they pissed him off.
If GOD were a kind loving sort of dude you would think that killing off SATAN would be a nice thing to do for the people. Apparently GOD keeps Lucifer around to do his dirty work.
Come on GOD, punish us yourself.

So basically I don't believe in the after life as has been explained by religion. I also don't believe in the "before life" There is just life, and then there isn't.

It makes more sense to me that humans and the earth etc are the creation of some other life form/aliens out there somewhere than by a god.

Common smart guys at gamelive, chime in.

:ron:

Last edited:
I'm assuming gamelive is majority atheist.

MrX
I'm assuming gamelive is majority atheist.
Thanks for taking such risk in making that statement. pal.

Yeah, I think most here are atheist. It seems that for people with an abundance of common sense atheism is the logical conclusion at this point in human history, with all the information/technology we have.

The thing is while I don't believe in religion personally I'm grateful for christianity in particular because the society and country/continent I live on was made by believers - and they created all the comforts I/we get to enjoy now as residents of first world nations. The most desireable countries to live are the result of the hard work/ethics of the christian religion in particular. No fucking way would the USA be as great/strong/powerful if it was originally settled by muslims, (IMO WAL).

Pretty sure some of the least desirable countries to live are the most religious.

Pretty sure the least desirable countries to live are the most religious.
Excluding the USA yes. Also, water is wet. Thanks for playing, pal.

I think you should look at religion as more of a cultural/sectarian/philosophical thing as opposed to literal.
What I mean is religion is something that unites people under a flag and code the same way a country does. This is us and we want, (like everything else in life) to expand, grow, and fuck the outsiders

I think you should look at religion as more of a cultural/sectarian/philosophical thing as opposed to literal.
What I mean is religion is something that unites people under a flag and code the same way a country does. This is us and we want, (like everything else in life) to expand, grow, and fuck the outsiders
Thank you. Yes, I do this as well but that doesn't cause deep thought/anxiety the way literal thinking does, and I'm stuck in a literal loop.

Coolie, after residing on planet earth for 53 yrs it seems to me as though the most popular activity by far for people is genital to genital contact with other sexually desireable humans. It takes up most of our time - getting it, etc.

It makes me wonder about pro creation. Whats the purpose ? To fill the heavens with souls? We certainly don't need any more people on this planet right now.

This.

Now, the belief that life originated from aliens or another lifeform is in itself a form a religious belief, just one that falls outside of the current catalogue of deities and origin stories.

I would say I've been an atheist most of my life, but I'm veering towards agnosticism lately.

Actually, I do think that a higher power triggered all that spinning shit.

AbsoluteUnfortunateGuillemot-size_restricted.gif

plommer, have you ever read Sapiens? If not, I think you'd enjoy it. Bit of history about humankind and it's invention of religion to keep the masses in check. Reno nailed it above. Things like religion, country, even money are just "imagined realities". If everyone decided tomorrow that there were no borders, there wouldn't be borders anymore. Same goes for if everyone decided that USD wasn't worth anything or that God doesn't exist. These things would just be gone, they have no basis other than our collective acceptance of them.

But yeah religion/afterlife is obviously bullshit. A couple of fun questions to ask theists who bug you... not even getting into how bullshit the religious texts are.

- Only humans have souls... no other animals do. Cool. So literally every other animal on earth is a product of science, that is born out of oblivion and then dies into oblivion... but humans randomly have souls that live on for eternity afterwards? lol wtf?

- Similarly, there are thousands of Gods. Zeus. Shiva. Allah. etc etc. Literally every other God is bullshit except for yours? So you're an atheist of 2,999/3000 gods. We are so close to being in total agreement!

What changed to push you away from atheism into this mess? I have no issues at all with agnostics (I think we are all agnostic to some extent) and don't proudly parade around as one of these militant atheists like many do. Just curious what gives you pause about the potential existence of something greater now that didn't before.

plommer, have you ever read Sapiens? If not, I think you'd enjoy it. Bit of history about humankind and it's invention of religion to keep the masses in check. Reno nailed it above. Things like religion, country, even money are just "imagined realities". If everyone decided tomorrow that there were no borders, there wouldn't be borders anymore. Same goes for if everyone decided that USD wasn't worth anything or that God doesn't exist. These things would just be gone, they have no basis other than our collective acceptance of them.

But yeah religion/afterlife is obviously bullshit. A couple of fun questions to ask theists who bug you... not even getting into how bullshit the religious texts are.

- Only humans have souls... no other animals do. Cool. So literally every other animal on earth is a product of science, that is born out of oblivion and then dies into oblivion... but humans randomly have souls that live on for eternity afterwards? lol wtf?

- Similarly, there are thousands of Gods. Zeus. Shiva. Allah. etc etc. Literally every other God is bullshit except for yours? So you're an atheist of 2,999/3000 gods. We are so close to being in total agreement!
I'm going to look into Sapiens. Thanks.
Yes, religion is the ultimate prank and billions upon billions of current and former living humans believed it.

Last edited:
I'm going to look into Sapiens. Thanks.
Yes, religion is the ultimate prank and billions upon billions of former living humans believed it.

It's brilliant.

Same author also wrote Homo Deus, which is a look into the future of mankind, hypothesizing on what effects things like artificial intelligence and physical immortality will have on human beings moving forward. Got the audiobooks a couple years ago, two of my all-time favorites.

Yeah, I assume almost all atheists believe there is a non-zero chance of a higher power and would adjust our beliefs upon any evidence presenting itself. Doesn't this just make it a agnostic/atheistic spectrum that we all fall somewhere on?

Just thinking about the fundamental question: "Why is there something instead of nothing?" brings you to all sorts of scientific impasses.

Atheism sidesteps that fundamental question. "We're here because of the Big Bang" is not an answer. What caused the Big Bang?

I like having an answer, even if the answer is that we, as dumb earthbound mortals, ultimately can't know.

That reminds me - Elon Musk's belief that we live in a simulation is also a religious belief, just with computer-nerd labels applied to it. The idea of a "simulated" world is interchangeable with that of a creator-god.

MrX
Yeah, I assume almost all atheists believe there is a non-zero chance of a higher power and would adjust our beliefs upon any evidence presenting itself. Doesn't this just make it a agnostic/atheistic spectrum that we all fall somewhere on?

I probably went around thinking "we exist because of this original explosion and that's that" for most of my life, not questioning said explosion.

But sure, I think all atheists want to be proven wrong.

the answer is that we, as dumb earthbound mortals, ultimately can't know.
Yes, this has been my belief for a long time now, religious peple will challenge it citing scripture (facepalm) and ultimately don't get it which is entirely baffling as it makes perfect sense and is the ONLY correct answer.

Also makes me wonder why some people can't believe in the possibility of nothingness before and after life. I think the answer lies somewhere along the lines of that type of thought is too uncomfortable/scary and religion provides comfort. I truly wish I could become religious and experience the comfort it brings to true believers.

If you are with me let us pray, in Jesus name for this to happen. Reno, I'm excluding you, because you're a filthy Jew and your people murdered Christ. No offense.

I've read Conrad Blacks articles in the National Post and the guy is utterly super intelligent, hes also a devout Catholic. How can someone so highly intelligent believe in Christianity? Just another one of gods miracles, obviously.

Conrad Black is an idiot who knows big words and how to assemble them.