Your Favorite Sporting Event …

• Start date
  • Replies 9 Comments
  • Views 254 Views
I saw Jeff Conine’s throw from LF to Pudge Rodriguez to nail JT Snow at home for the Marlins to clinch the 2003 NLDS.

2002 Champions League semifinal between FC Barcelona and Real Madrid at the Camp Nou in Barcelona.

FCB 0 - 2 RM

Goal by Zidane and Steve McManaman, it was the 1st leg so not a direct elimination but it was a huge away win, Real went on to win the Champions League that year

Corinthians v Santos 2005

Towards the end of the 2005 Brasileirão season, Corinthians faced Santos in a São Paulo derby at the Pacaembu stadium. Corinthians was in the hunt for the title, Santos was in the hunt for a Libertadores spot.

That season was special for Corinthians, at the start of the season they brought on the Argentinian Carlos Tevez coming from Boca Juniors. An Argentinian playing in Brazil coming to be the star and savior of the team. People hated it, hated him, his own team mates even physically fought with him on multiple occasions. Corinthians was and is the most popular team of the poor and the blacks so there was huge animosity against him. But Carlitos started winning them over, Carlitos is from the streets, Carlitos is like Diego he belongs to the people. Through out the season indeed he became the star, got the #10 jersey, became the leader and the captain of the team.

So it came this derby, Carlitos scores a hat trick and Corinthians win 7 - 1, and they go on to win the Brazilian championship. It might not be much in the history of sports but the way that season played out and what Carlos Tevez represented, that unwanted foreigner racially discriminated and just beating everything with pure talent and personality and villero style. I lived that Corinthians season very closely, it paralleled my reality at that time in a sort of way. And this match culminated that season.

Nordiques vs. Sens in 1992, the first game that the Sens played at the Colisée. Nordiques won 9-2 and the atmosphere was wild. Joe Sakic, Mats Sundin and Owen Nolan :bowdown:

Those early 90's Sens were one of the shittiest rosters of all time.

I went to the year before. Boner, I can only imagine the crowd for that one. I assume you were in a vip box. I don’t think the Belmont amongst the riff raff would be fun at all.

Favorite sporting event I ever attended was a Sunday night Red Sox/Yankee game at the old Yankee Stadium. Clemens vs Martinez

What made it noteworthy wasn’t the outcome or a particular play. It was that I was with 10-15 of my coworkers (all yankee fans) and then having my back after a Trot Nixon HR in the 8th off of Clemens.

I’m not a shrieking violet and for most of the game I was getting shit left and right. After that HR, the fans were ready to throttle me. It would’ve been bad if not for my coworkers.

To make things even sweeter I met a girl during the YMCA break and ended up going to Stans after the game with her and my coworkers.

Not epic sounding, but it meant a lot to me at the time.

I went to the year before. Boner, I can only imagine the crowd for that one. I assume you were in a vip box. I don’t think the Belmont amongst the riff raff would be fun at all.
Hah. No box. Reserved seats middle deck around the 1/8 pole. Went with friends who are big race fans and it was euphoric.

I had attended on GA in 2014 for California Chromes attempt and it was miserable. No water, beer, bathrooms overflowing. After that they limited capacity though I'm sure GA would still have been miserable for AP.