• Start date
  • Replies 35 Comments
  • Views 1,345 Views

senco78

Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
if you had spells of dizziness, nausea,weakness, throughout the afternoon. started right after lunch.
woke up with terrible headache. probably took way to much OTC pain relievers trying to get rid of it. meds didnt help
headache went away late afternoon

checked BP when got home around 6:30. chest pain started late afternoon ( had chest pain come and go all week)
BP= 160/112

current BP
BP = 160/110

googled it and not what I wanted to read

Have you ever had high blood pressure before?

no, never that I know of
but I only go to doc for emergencies more or less
have no insurance

oh then don't go to the er, that will cost a lot

do they have a cheap clinic for the mexicans?

Go to the er
maybe I'm a fuktard but wanted to see if BP might go down some
before crying wolf.
brainstorming who to call that'd give me a ride(if it comes to that) w/out sending word to my mom and giving her a panic attack.

do they have a cheap clinic for the mexicans?
not that I know of
main hospital has a few clinics around but same cost as visiting a doc.
then they tell ya to go to ER if its anything non-minor after charging $350 for visit

Hmm. I wouldn't worry about money when your life might be at risk.

Get checked out, man.

blood-pressure-chart.gif

Senco, from what I know your reading if it stays that way, you might have be put on BP meds and hopefully it will go back down! Stroke is the worst consequence that can happen from BP not being treated!

yap go senco

I mess up my knee and was in deep pain for a couple days, close to going to the er was just waiting for the morning, took a pill and voila all was good

saved a grand

but that was just the knee, this sounds bad senco

If you're otherwise eating and sleeping normally, go to the doc man.

I experienced stuff like that back in the day. OTC painkillers (codeine with acetominophen and caffeine) can definitely lead to an increase in blood pressure - particularly when you're talking about "way too much." Also chest pain.

My honest answer to the question of WWYD is: nothing in particular. I would generally try various combinations of drugs and alcohol and hope to feel better that way. Sometimes in that situation you can end up with a lot of trapped gas and not realize it, and kinda squeezing your knees into your chest and forcing yourself to burp as much as possible will help. Sometimes, not always.

Not saying any of this is smart but it is my honest answer. Followed that approach many times. I don't know what I would do today. Can't imagine myself being in the situation. My blood pressure is so consistently low and I don't take any drugs. But I would still resist going to the hospital unless I actually had parts falling off. That's just me.

The other advice you are getting here is better no doubt.

In light of what Muddy said, I'd say: water. Drink a couple tall glasses quickly. And force yourself to eat something.

Works for us when we overdo it.

blood-pressure-chart.gif

Senco, from what I know your reading if it stays that way, you might have be put on BP meds and hopefully it will go back down! Stroke is the worst consequence that can happen from BP not being treated!

the "red requires treatment" means to schedule a doc visit or requires treatment NOW???

I experienced stuff like that back in the day. OTC painkillers (codeine with acetominophen and caffeine) can definitely lead to an increase in blood pressure - particularly when you're talking about "way too much." Also chest pain.

My honest answer to the question of WWYD is: nothing in particular. I would generally try various combinations of drugs and alcohol and hope to feel better that way. Sometimes in that situation you can end up with a lot of trapped gas and not realize it, and kinda squeezing your knees into your chest and forcing yourself to burp as much as possible will help. Sometimes, not always.

Not saying any of this is smart but it is my honest answer. Followed that approach many times. I don't know what I would do today. Can't imagine myself being in the situation. My blood pressure is so consistently low and I don't take any drugs. But I would still resist going to the hospital unless I actually had parts falling off. That's just me.

The other advice you are getting here is better no doubt.

the way to much might be overstatement...
this morning took 1 goodies powder and 2 naproxen(sp)
mid morning 5mg hydrocodone ( technically not OTC)
lunchtime took 2 goodies powders
dont think took anymore after lunch thats when started to feel like total shit and almost passing out