World Cup 2022

• Start date
  • Replies 506 Comments
  • Views 8,804 Views
5c016197-e011-494b-bda4-7d5b584fce48-jpeg.7972

Perfect, I wouldn't change any city

It's going to be the perfect World Cup hosting and infrastructure wise, no stadiums to be build no hospitality to be build

And not only that, the demographics of the US since '94 has changed a lot, the American market has become the world's number 1 soccer market spending wise

It's going to be Estadio Azteca's third World Cup, a SoFi final? oh man, my vote goes to LA or Dallas

@roguejuror indeed good city setup but researching how the 48 teams advance. So 16 groups of 3 and is it only 2 games to decide who advances? Then top two teams from each group play knockout to make it to final 16?

Two games IMO too little to see the best teams advance. I might think 4 games within 3 team group and just top team advances? How important will getting a good group seeding ..... if Italia makes it please no BRA!:greencheck:

@roguejuror indeed good city setup but researching how the 48 teams advance. So 16 groups of 3 and is it only 2 games to decide who advances? Then top two teams from each group play knockout to make it to final 16?

Two games IMO too little to see the best teams advance. I might think 4 games within 3 team group and just top team advances? How important will getting a good group seeding ..... if Italia makes it please no BRA!:greencheck:
I agree, two matches in a group format seems too little. From what I read though it's not set in stone, the final decision will come in 2023.
"This is not decided," Wenger said. "but it will be 16 groups of three, 12 groups of four, or two sides of six groups of four -- like you organise two 24 teams.