• Replies 19 Comments
  • Views 1,206 Views

Cougar Bait

I Come Correct
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
Will update this thread with various songs I've written through the years. Using a H5 Zoom to record, which is a simple 4 track recorder. Very likely that I won't get too technical with these songs, as is pretty much my style. Just straight ahead original rock music. If you like them cool, if not feel free to tell me I suck.

Will likely end up re-recording most of this but here are the first 2 tracks that I did yesterday.

Good stuff man you have a cool alternative sound, imo

Thanks guys.

The tracks suffer from a couple timing issues and a miscues here and there on picking but overall I'm happy with this first round.

Thinking about buying an effects processor if anyone has any suggestions.

Got an effects pedal set on the way went with the Zoom G5, like the fact that it has drums and loops. Gonna be a good winter.

New track, Serial.

Shit's dope man

reminds me of sap/jar of flies type stuff

Promote me bacon

Put me on your Facecrack

I want to die of an overdose one day

DONE

except don't die anytime soon, mang

okay cougs, we all know that each of us has a different taste, but here is my honest opinion and its not hating at all, its just what i hear... the guitar is fine, but your vocals mimic the vedder/weiland twang too much for my taste...it sounds very forced... IMO, as soon as you are heard, people automatically think you are trying too hard to sound like vedder... wouldnt be such a bad thing (if it were the 1990s), but its been done over and over and over by so many

i would like to hear you sing without forcing the vedder .. that make sense?

again, im not hating at all... i would rather hear you sing some loud anthrax style stuff with your own voice

It's the only way I know how to sing Ray - not trying to sound like anyone - the style I play is a grunge rock style for certain but 22 years in now I don't think I can try to sound any other way

Appreciate the feedback

Funny one guy today said he thought it sounded like R.E.M. which I totally don't get. Guess everyone hears things their own way.

the grunge sound is def. there with your guitar play.. and i like that, for sure... :cheers:

but i guess if its the voice, its the voice i understand that... why didnt you try to do more with music way back when? seems like its always been your passion

Way back when I was in a bunch of bands just they didn't really go anywhere

I did one sorta decent studio set with a band

3 songs - I could upload those was actually thinking of rerecording them as well but could never do any of the solo work the lead did

Might have him do some work on these too

I don't consider my vocals my strong suit - but I can write songs - I think in 3 months this thread will have songs that sound nothing like this so stay tuned Ray

^^^ this sucks Needs to be totally redone

This one is better though

First song had too many tempo changes or turnarounds or whatever for me. Type of song you need to listen to frequently to sing along with. I thought "the actor" was good. Followed more of the typical chorus and verse pattern and I could sing along with the chorus before the song was over...an identifiable hook..nice work.

Second listen on the actor... And I really like it.

Second time through the chorus at the end I would like to hear it strummed harder and louder and scream that fuckin shit....good tune