Woods Is Favorite For Masters, Backed By Veteran Daly

Polaroid

I need a tittle
Since
Jan 21, 2010
Score
Tokens
After announcing his return to professional golf after a bout of indefinite leave from the sport in December following his Thanksgiving car crash and months of subsequent tabloid revelations, Tiger Woods was today installed as favorite at the upcoming Masters which starts on April 8 in Augusta, Florida. Woods, the four time winner of the tournament including the memorable 1997 twelve shot win where he won his first major, is an early +300 favorite at Bodog with Phil Mickleson the nearest front runner at +700. For those people looking for more value, Pinnacle have them listed at +386 and +853 respectively and also with a price of -440 on Tiger Woods not winning the event (as long as he tees off).

As ever, due to the popularity of Woods, there are a number of Masters prop bets available at Bodog there's +500 on Nike showing a Tiger Woods advert during the weekend broadcast of the event and +500 for any other sponsor. Also, there's a high juice -120 on each side of the yes/no of Will Tiger Woods be Heckled after Addressing the Ball and Step Away During the 2010 Masters. Although the Masters spectators are a very well behaved set of people, it would seem to be too good an opportunity to miss for someone to make a statement on national TV.

kalheaace.jpg

After today's statement, Woods got a boost from John Daly who was speaking on The Golf Channel saying "Tiger doesn't have anything to prove to anybody...He'll be focused on what he needs to do." Presumably Woods will be delighted at getting a character reference from the three time divorced and alcoholic Daly who is rumoured to have lost an estimated $60 million through gambling.

If there is ever a time to fade woods this is it...... I highly doubt despite his work ethic that he could come into the masters cold and win. He choose that because they will shelter him from the media as much as they can.

I never bet outrights on golf and I sure wouldn't bet on Woods here. Then again, I wouldn't bet against him.