• Replies 25 Comments
  • Views 2,558 Views

FairWarning

Boring Poster
Since
Apr 9, 2010
Score
Tokens
How do you upgrade from Win 8 to the pro version? I get a message to remove the Intel Bluetooth. Used CCleaner to uninstall, reboot, and still get the message. It seems to be a common problem. Anyone else get this or have any tips to installation?

Thanks.

Plommer warned about Windows 8. He doesn't rush to upgrade until after all patches and upgrades have been offered and bugs ironed out. He's a cautious one that Plommer.

When he wakes up he'll be able to help you albeit in his "unique" way.

Plommer warned about Windows 8. He doesn't rush to upgrade until after all patches and upgrades have been offered and bugs ironed out. He's a cautious one that Plommer.

When he wakes up he'll be able to help you albeit in his "unique" way.

Dell had a $150 off coupon if you used Amex, and free shipping. Pretty hard to find a Dell 17" laptop with I7 for $750. I have a buyer for my old Dell.

Go wake him up Wal.

lemme see if i got this right. you have a version of windows 8 other then pro and you are wanting to upgrade to the pro version?

There was software for intel proset wireless for Bluetooth, I uninstalled.

Black'r, Plommer doesn't do legal. You'd never know it but the guy is kind of a computer savant and a program pirate.

Black'r, Plommer doesn't do legal. You'd never know it but the guy is kind of a computer savant and a program pirate.

well then he's my sorta guy. in the 16 years of dealing with computers i've never bought 1 piece of software! same goes for gaming console games, etc.

New system with 8 on it. I want the 8 Pro on it instead.

just making sure. i did a quick google and found some people that were having compatibility problems with certain things going from 7 to 8.

is this the screen you get? and just fyi this seems to be a common problem so don't feel bad.

btinstallblock.jpg

I get that screen. I didn't see a folder for Bluetooth. I deleted the 1st and last service, middle one failed (maybe it was gone already?)

Rebooted and tried to install again and still get that blue screen.

I get that screen. I didn't see a folder for Bluetooth. I deleted the 1st and last service, middle one failed (maybe it was gone already?)

Rebooted and tried to install again and still get that blue screen.

hmmm. thought that was a pretty common folder.

ok try one more thing if you are comfortable doing it:

Delete the services that are associated with them in cmd (run as administrator) with:
sc delete "Bluetooth Device Monitor"
sc delete "Bluetooth Media Service"
sc delete "Bluetooth OBEX Service"