Who is going to be the next President of the United States?

• Start date
  • Replies 1,787 Comments
  • Views 110,255 Views
Wth is going on in Colorado Reno? That is a bullshit selection process going on right there. I'm pretty sure it wasn't that way when I left. The fix is in in the 303.

IAG
Wth is going on in Colorado Reno? That is a bullshit selection process going on right there. I'm pretty sure it wasn't that way when I left. The fix is in in the 303.

You're calling on reno cool to know the Republican primary process?

hey, I could possibly know something about it. I don't, but I possibly could:sparesomecutter:
We're all rooting in Trump right?

I wonder what would happen if Sanders won. Of course his views are more positive and if he could install his policies there would be a lot of good. But is he strong enough to fight off all the bastards who's job it will be to make sure he doesn't interfere with status quo? :dunno:

No way in hell Sanders will win. Especially when the Donald comes with all the dirty details of his early perverted writings and some apparent obsession with pedophillia.

I want to see that debate.

It's irrelevant though, he's not beating the Clinton machine.

IAG
MR. X. Wth is going on out there?

After 2012 shenanigans, the RNC disallowed unbinding straw poll caucuses, which is what Colorado republicans used. The state republican committee voted to cancel the polling, so all of the CO delegates are now unbound.

I would like to see the debate between those two. As long as the wicked witch of the East is eliminated it would be interesting.

I think if it's Trump and Sanders they should unite and one of them can be vp. My impression is they'd have more in common than people realize compared to the other candidates

MrX
After 2012 shenanigans, the RNC disallowed unbinding straw poll caucuses, which is what Colorado republicans used. The state republican committee voted to cancel the polling, so all of the CO delegates are now unbound.

admit it. you don't even understand what you wrote

So Joe GOP can't vote for his presidential preference. He or she may only attend a caucus to vote for someone who will vote for someone to be a delegate who can cast their vote for anyone In the first round?

Slimy. This is where Trump not being a politician hurts him. All these crazy state rules...I think it should be delegate assignment by proportional split in accordance with the popular vote in each state. HOw bout some Unity??

Did I hear that this rule changed in August just after Trump announced his bid for presidency? Maybe I read that wrong but that is what it looked like.

IAG
So Joe GOP can't vote for his presidential preference. He or she may only attend a caucus to vote for someone who will vote for someone to be a delegate who can cast their vote for anyone In the first round?

I think that's a more accurate description of how it was.

Now, I don't think Joe GOP in Colorado has any say.

Meh, I think I'm wrong.

You're description was probably accurate.

In any case, no bound delegates, I think is true.

MrX
Meh, I think I'm wrong.

You're description was probably accurate.

In any case, no bound delegates, I think is true.

Your :bee:

I know some states have unbound delegates but they at least the people vote....for a candidate...not someone to vote for someone to pick a delegate who usually has made their (Cruz) preference well known.

I don't think they should be able to "woo". (bribe) these delegates either.

IAG

Now I'm completely on tilt. After the edit period, too. Preserved forever.

IAG
I know some states have unbound delegates but they at least the people vote....for a candidate...not someone to vote for someone to pick a delegate who usually has made their (Cruz) preference well known.

I don't think they should be able to "woo". (bribe) these delegates either.

So, the writing on this is horribly bad, but it's my understanding that the rules are now that delegates are bound (for the 1st ballot) to the candidate voted for in their state's primary or caucus. And that only delegates from states without primaries or caucuses are unbound.