• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IAG

R.E.M. enthusiast
Since
Apr 9, 2010
Score
Tokens
I am unable to make decisions and I like them all. I am leaning toward one, but I'll let GL decide since you have to look at it every time you read my post. This will be a private poll. You can vote for 24 hours. I have to get this under control.

Just start anew.

Consider it a spring cleaning.

I just learned how to add them a couple of days ago.

I will say, I just realized Mr. X's very clever quote was not an original idea, so I am thinking that may have to go. (Not that he ever claimed that it was original. I made an assumption.) He probably has been waiting patiently to spring that quote when opportunity arose. It's kind of like his strategy in WWF.

I vote to ditch plommers.

I feel I can do better.

Stay tuned.

Typical Iag...ask for advice and then promptly disregard said recommendation. After careful consideration , I think positive mantra outweighs clever witty quotes at this point in my life. Archie's stays...others will stay in the recess of my mind.

get rid of them all and start with Muddys advice quote. Thats what I would do if I had your quotes.

Hmmm. Your posts have gotten very cluttered lately. Sometimes, between your signature and your constant use of the quote function, I almost feel like I need to send out a search party to find you in your posts. If that clutter is a manifestation of real-world clutter issues - and I have known many people who deal with that - internal and external - it is not a particularly good thing and people looking to change from that, often recommend a push towards minimalism.

Then there is the whole thing about seeing ourselves too much as reflections of others rather than just as ourselves - which is not a great thing. Maybe applicable/maybe not.

In any case, I feel like you have good things to say and you communicate them clearly. All I really need in your posts is IAG.

They are good quotes - as is the Shakespeare - there is no shortage of great quotes that come up around here - but I am voting all of them.

Sorry, I imagine you were just looking for comparative thoughts on the quotes and I gave a sermon.

get rid of them all and start with Muddys advice quote. Thats what I would do if I had your quotes.

Which quote? On several occasions I wanted to use MC quotes and was not told timely how to utilize the quote bubble thingie. His reply to the stuck thread was a little lengthy for a quote, unless there was perhaps one line that was particularly wise. I may have to look back...but I probably won't. Stuck.

yes :up: in fact all you newbloods should be forced to read it, to understand what we're trying to accomplish here:guitar:

I chucked all mine after reading Muddy's solid advice! I think one is sufficient! Just not to hurt anyone's feeling you might chuck all of them and just get one new one!

IAG
do not be offended if I do not bubble you.

IGA
No worries.

I have been bubbled enough to last a lifetime.

If I really feel the need I'll even bubble myself (making sure I'm alone, wearing something comfortable, and that the drapes are drawn closed so that I'm out of sight of the neighbors).

No worries.

I have been bubbled enough to last a lifetime.

If I really feel the need I'll even bubble myself (making sure I'm alone, wearing something comfortable, and that the drapes are drawn closed so that I'm out of sight of the neighbors).
I handed that one to you.

IAG
I handed that one to you.

Don't get me started on the amount of times I've been "handed" by a broad.

FYI

handed > bubbled

everytime.

As Matty says : "plommer gotta plom"

IAG
I will say, I just realized Mr. X's very clever quote was not an original idea, so I am thinking that may have to go. (Not that he ever claimed that it was original. I made an assumption.) He probably has been waiting patiently to spring that quote when opportunity arose. It's kind of like his strategy in WWF.

So here's the thing. It's funny you brought this up. They used to have this book called Sniglets, that was full of made up definitions. This is when I was probably in junior high. You could submit your own for the next edition. I wanted to submit sarchasm and mowhawk (the strip of tall grass that's left when you carelessly mow).

So, flash forward 30 or so years when you post about the h in sarcasm. After I replied, I decided to google sarchasm and sure enough it's all over the internet. Too obvious, I guess. Dare I look up Mowhawk?