Which Hand Do You Wipe With?

• Start date
  • Replies 82 Comments
  • Views 3,783 Views
I hear septic tanks are a real pain in the butt.

I hear septic tanks are a real pain in the butt.

I have a holding type tank and a septic field Cami... As long as you understand the concept and don't think it should just work like 'magic' there is never usually a problem. The tank itself has to have a combination or water, food ie: POO, and most importantly bacteria to eat said poo. This comes in little packets that you can buy anywhere. I am told that before you could buy pouches that people would throw some kind of carcass in there and it would accomplish the same thing. Also, if there is too much water, you can kill the bacteria. If you use TP that does not break down easily, you can clog the system. Every few years I get a truck in to empty the tank as well, just to be safe.

Last edited:
Don't you have to get it pumped? My former neighbors had some kind of tank or something that they had to have pumped every now and again.

What about using bio-degradable tp? Like the kind you take with you when you go camping.

Don't you have to get it pumped? My former neighbors had some kind of tank or something that they had to have pumped every now and again.

What about using bio-degradable tp? Like the kind you take with you when you go camping.

Some places have only a holding tank and do not have a septic field...these are usually places that are near water. They do not allow septic fields near any bodies of water, because of possible contamination.These people have to have the tank emptied whenever it gets full. Almost all the toilet paper nowadays is pretty septic friendly, except the 3-ply stuff. I try to make sure that most females that use my facilities know to not flush any female hygiene products either.

Eww....bloody tampons sittin in your garbage.

Yes, they have a stream right out back.

Bacon likes the Scotties tp, I hate it.

Get the bidet, mrq. Cleanest butt you'll ever have. It's the first thing we did when we got back from Asia.

They make the kind that just attach to the existing toilet. Cheap and they work great.

I try to make sure that most females that use my facilities know to not flush any female hygiene products either.

Do you put a big bold sign up in front of the shitter so they can see and read the sign or do you ask them privately?

I can't believe people still do not buy wet wipes.

I can't live without wet wipes.

Well, if I had a bidet I could.

But I no has a bidet (yet).

:excellent:

Sometimes I'll give the toilet paper a lick

once maybe twice no paper...but was in the bathroom I can reach the sink from sitting
You can fill in the rest