Where should Cali move?

• Start date
  • Replies 292 Comments
  • Views 22,220 Views

To where should Cali move?

• Total voters
Chicago winters are no where near as bad as people may think

Nice try, now convince us that New Orleans doesn't get hit by Hurricanes 365 days a year.

The winter weather in Toronto isn't all that different from Chicago, Philadelphia, Boston or New Yok City.

Once again Sautly wins! You don't become an engineer unless your smart! :yes:

We lived for 2 years in Peoria, IL (home of Iwinyourmoney) which is a couple hrs from "mild winter" Chicago. First year we got hit by 12" snow blizzard. Second year we got hit by 18" snow blizzard and -37F low temperature. I believe it was an all state low or something. Needless to say we left around Thanksgiving of next year for Atlanta refusing to witness the 24" snow blizzard.

Matty, you're starting to irritate me like I do to MrsM with your gibberish!

Facts from weather.com:

Toronto June average high - 74 average low - 52
Philadel June average high - 83 average low - 64

Tor July ave high - 80 ave low 57
Phi July ave high - 87 ave low 69

Tor August ave high - 77 low 56
Phi August ave high - 85 low 68

Tor Sept ave high - 69 low 48
Phi Sept ave high - 78 low 60

Matty, comfort room temp is 72, say even 68-70 for people! Philly gets just as much humidity as Toronto! Appears to be people wouldn't be comfortable without light jacket during summer evenings!

Yes, at times I don't know squat but weather.com knows their business!

I need to do a CBB writeup to get my mind off this!

MrMonkey..Daft would definitely need his jacket in June in Toronto if the average low is 52 degrees.

MrM Jesus fokking Christ, don't make me drive down there just to smack you around.

Toronto
relative_humidity_percent_pct.png

Philly
relative_humidity_percent_pct.png

I have to go to the bank, Peanut loves their treats, will get back to moron! :punchface:

Saskatchewan winters are definitely not mild, the winter cold is literally painful if you aren't wearing proper clothing.

I remember my first few mornings driving the bus in Rocanville, I walked out of the housing unit to go to the work trailer without gloves and my fingers hurt bad by the time I got there, which was only about 2 minutes exposed to the cold.

Having said that, I found the winter in Sask more pleasant than back east because it was always bright and sunny and the roads were never slushy. Because it was much colder the snow was lighter and easier to navigate through.

I prefer the bitter cold of a sunny Saskatchewan winter to the overcast/cloudy winters of the great lakes region.

If you start your car..go inside..take a shower..get ready for work..eat breakfast and then go back in the car and the temperature in the car is still stack on C you know it's not mild winter.

If you start your car..go inside..take a shower..get ready for work..eat breakfast and then go back in the car and the temperature in the car is still stack on C you know it's not mild winter.
In cold places like the Canadian prairies 99.9% of vehicles are plugged in to block heaters overnight, you don't need to warm up your car, it's been kept warm by electricity while the engine is shutoff.

The buses at the potash mine idled all night long, we only shut them off for 5 mins a day to check the oil prior to starting a shift.

exactly

I drive my rental cars right through the C indicator. They just sound weird for a couple minutes.

Exactly is right.

I don't know about the other places being discussed but as far as cold in Toronto? There are maybe a handful of days every year where it gets to the point where it is worth mentioning.

Most days - like today - you dress sensibly and you should be able to walk around indefinitely and not even have temperature cross your mind.

Unless you're just tragically wimpy in life.

Oh noes, I gots to wear a jacket.

:sbrjohn: