Where is Wally?

• Start date
  • Replies 99 Comments
  • Views 7,038 Views
MrMonkey the track in the pic here is a different track. Our track still looks the same. We are building a new track, a clay track in a couple of weeks. I've been lining up materials and arranging the donation of the clay. A local business owner is donation rough 4K worth of clay. It won't be enough but it's 4 grand I won't have to come up with at least.

I still have to come up with roughly 2 grand for the drivers stand and another 7 grand for the timing equipment and transponders. Gonna have to get the city to kick in and buy lights though.

With everything in place you could expect to make $500 to $1200 per race day. You would try and race on Saturdays or Sundays.

Where as I understand most of this is being done via donations.....a max of $1200 per race DAY at one two days a week, my goodness, it would be a good 2.5 months before you begin to recover what was put in, let alone see any profit, and if you plan on expanding any further......good luck. Let me be clear here, I don't mean profit to put in your pocket, I mean profit for upkeep and expansion and whatnot. I'm not trying to be mean or anything, I am just wondering if there is any way to generate more profit...

What about people who arrange the races, and monitor them...do they volunteer their time, or do you have to pay them? If you're putting in lights, there's an electric bill. I know it can take one to two years to see any profit, but at this point are you even making enough to keep up?

What about the sewer plant(?) that you work at, maybe they would be willing to donate something?

I bet a lot of kids in the community are enjoying this.

The city spent roughly 7.5 million on a baseball park that has generated less than 13K in 2 years. I think $500-$1200 a week return is a substantial improvement.

wow.....unreal.....7.5 million...and only 13k to show for it....just wow.

Where as I understand most of this is being done via donations.....a max of $1200 per race DAY at one two days a week, my goodness, it would be a good 2.5 months before you begin to recover what was put in, let alone see any profit, and if you plan on expanding any further......good luck. Let me be clear here, I don't mean profit to put in your pocket, I mean profit for upkeep and expansion and whatnot. I'm not trying to be mean or anything, I am just wondering if there is any way to generate more profit...

What about people who arrange the races, and monitor them...do they volunteer their time, or do you have to pay them? If you're putting in lights, there's an electric bill. I know it can take one to two years to see any profit, but at this point are you even making enough to keep up?

What about the sewer plant(?) that you work at, maybe they would be willing to donate something?

I bet a lot of kids in the community are enjoying this.

she's a keeper Stevie!!!:pope:
enough sense and intelligence to look past the trees and see the forest:megaman:

I assume there was little to no actual business approach and expectations prior to throwing good money and bad money.
sounds about right if the track is a city funded project.
fixed cost , ie: operational cost like Cami mentioned ( electric bils, upkeep of grounds and track, will folks just shit/piss in woods or
permanent shithouses built/porta potties? , how much liabilty insurance coverage needed to cover the future lawsuits when a pine cone falls from tree and splits a toddlers melon, or a professional suer slips on the wet clay, etc...)

what kind of drivers tower will cost 2K to build? constructed of wood???
basically just a freestanding deck isnt it?
whats the approx Dimensions and height needed?

HAH, Thanks Senco, yeah I like to think I am smarter then the average bear! I've taken some accounting and business courses, I may not know a lot, but enough. I am also one of those people that are full of random facts. I know stuff. lol. I was wondering all of these things too, he never did give me an exact answer......

BeanTown Jim is slightly amusing. Why aren't any of you oysters posting more videos? I like the videos. I have a couple to post after work. I had one I was gonna post from when we were tanked, and I had put the kabob skewers between my fingers and was stabbing Steve like I was the wolverine, LOL. I thought better of it though and deleted the video.

MikeMike, the drivers stand would be built out of wood. 16'-20' long a good 5' wide, approximately 8'-10' high. You need stairs obviously and you have to have handicap accessibility. It would also house an inclose office (more or less) for the announcer and lap counting equipment and be air conditioned.

As for the electric bill, lights are on in the parks till 10PM or later anyways for other recreational programs so adding a couple more lights isn't gonna be a significant impact there. Water usage would be at a minimum. Insurance, sure there is always the risk but it falls under an already existing umbrella coverage in place for all city recreational functions.

Look at it this way. The city puts in a park in the middle of town in a vacant lot. The lot is worth 75K-125K commercially (it's a small lot) but they make it a park. It's a small park and basically nothing but a couple of benches and flowers. What is the city generating revenue wise from that park? What public service investment does it serve? It's a loss and from a practical standpoint it's a bad kind of loss but the city does it anyways.

Our park is in an existing park being done of portions of the land that can't be used for anything else. It is being designed and built through donations and volunteer efforts. It will be operated through clubs and further volunteer efforts. It will be maintained through volunteer efforts. The investment by the city is at a minimum. The investment by the volunteers is repaid in having something they don't currently have and in a convenience of having it in their own backyard.

MikeMike, the drivers stand would be built out of wood. 16'-20' long a good 5' wide, approximately 8'-10' high. You need stairs obviously and you have to have handicap accessibility. It would also house an inclose office (more or less) for the announcer and lap counting equipment and be air conditioned.

OHHH!!!
sounds like it'd cost every bit of $2K then IMO
probably more

Ohhhh, well see now it's making a little more sense.

Where is Bread?

60AtM5P.jpg

He's left-center next to the lady with black shades on and he's looking up to the sky

nailed it mrm

Is that Rubyn and her piggy at the bottom?