what do we think about big trial?

• Start date
  • Replies 89 Comments
  • Views 2,428 Views
This is Canada brah (postal codes on the mailbox) :canada:
Lower mainland area (Vancouver) British Columbia.

Confirmed by the "Georgia Straight" newspaper box I noticed near the end of the video at the 1:27 mark.

Screenshot 2021-04-21 155947.png

No reason that's a deadly force situation. Taser works great there.

No reason that's a deadly force situation. Taser works great there.
You miss and suddenly you're the one with a knife to the chest.

Call me a bootlicker but if you're dumb enough to swing a knife at someone with a cop yelling at you, you're open season.

:daft:

How does that logic not apply to a shot from a pistol? Both have a reliable range of ten feet. In fact if you believe a miss is possible firing either the taser is even more compelling (a miss with a pistol is deadlier to innocents).

A taser has just one shot per cartridge. 🤷‍♂️

And a knife has an effective range of 0" Hell a batton would be more appropriate. The more shots fired the more risk to innocent life.

I'm not saying charge the officer with a crime. I'm just saying if the responding officers were primarilly armed with non lethal options the outcome is perhaps different for the perp (and I acknowledge it could be different for the vic or officers but doubt it).

I still can't believe someone would do what she did. It completely baffles me what people decide to do in the presence of cops, who more often than not have incomplete context when they show up to a scene. Don't add to the confusion.

You dumb fuck.

this happened here, not too long ago

An APM Reports investigation finds that officers in some big cities rated Tasers as unreliable up to 40 percent of the time, and in three large departments, newer models were less effective than older ones. In 258 cases over three years, a Taser failed to subdue someone who was then shot and killed by police.

Sure the Tueller drill cite refutes my knife effective range comment but both are irrelevant (or slightly additive) to the non-lethal alternative point I was originally making. Plus it's irrelevant because it involves holstered weapons.

In fact the tueller drill might support non lethal force here. I'd accept a position that an officer armed with non lethal force be allowed to more readily use the force BECAUSE of the data tueller introduces.