Welcome to the NHL Seattle!!

• Start date
  • Replies 65 Comments
  • Views 3,450 Views
IMO smart move not picking Price. Too high of a salary and injury concerns. Who would have been the new #1 for Montreal if Price was chosen? Any better than any of the supposed leak goalie picks the Kraken took? Montreal had to be crossing their fingers they would take Price.
Just looked up Canadien other goalie and they do have an established one in Jake Allen no doubt better than anything Kracken picked. Issue is he's free agent.

Went to site that said Allen under contract for 2 more years with Canadiens. So I guess Montreal wouldn't have been in bad shape Price was let go. Read where Montreal GM didn't want to lose Price but cynical me doesn't believe that.

And comparing Fleury to Price. Fleury was 32 in first year with Vegas. Had 2 years left on contract paying out 11.5 million. Only 34 and Vegas could say bye-bye. Price will be 34 this season in Montreal. Has 5 years left on contract paying out 44.25 million. Only ..... will be 38 before saying bye-bye.

Of course salary inflation but Kracken must have thought paying that Price was too much of a gamble. Also I looked up Fluery's worst year in the NHL was 2016-17, his last year with the Pens. And then I kind of remember but had to look up that Matt Murray kid who played better than Fleury helping Pittsburgh win the Stanley Cup.

This thing seems kind of bland..

I suppose I recall the vegas one being exciting because it was something new and special

Kraken coach has the personality of a piece of cardboard.

"Thats what they said about Vegas"
-Blitty

Virty are you also known as "CanuckG" at another forum?

Hakstol just made his first appearance I believe.

Are you referring to the GM Ron Francis?

Geez the main announcer is Brutal.

Haven’t been called the Mighty Ducks for almost 15 years, bud.

Ah I see.

I meant on today’s broadcast he didn’t come out until the end.

1626923783517.png