Jan 30, 2010
Score
Tokens
Can you say fallout.

No.

No.

ee10834b.png

well the Cubs just gained one today, so I guess the world is evening things out

Whew, for a moment there I thought you meant Juan Epstein had gone to the great beyond.

Attachments

• juanepstein.jpg
    juanepstein.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 146
:up: was thinking Juan too. Maybe he got a note from his mother.

Steve,

Here at Red Sox Nation as you know we do thing differently. Much like after our 2003 campaign, it rained toxic plumage for weeks. We cried a thousand tears HOPING this was all a bad dream. Alas, it wasn't. Something happened on the way to the funeral though....WE CAME BACK BROTHA!!! 2004 we kicked the ever loving shit out of the New York Nazi regime and proved to them who their daddy was. We threw a 70 year old man to the ground and said "Don't fuck with us old man"! Yeah, it's bad today, but we needed a wake up call. For this Nation of fans (and players) this wake up call HAD to be big. Next season we will win 100 games and remind the MLB world why the Boston Red Sox are not only America's Team, but the team for all mankind!

Clement, lugo, renter, lackey

Get the fuck out of town, and take Carmine with you

Ortiz commented today that Bos is a mess and that he would sign with Nyy.

Not quite. In fact he said he wanted to stay in Boston. That was his desire. He also said that with the history of Yankee/Red Sox baseball it would be hard for him to go to the Yankees. I don't see how that equates to a desire to play with the Yankees, but I know from experience Yankee fans read and hear things differently than most.

he said it would be hard to turn down a role with a club "where everything goes your way" re: the yankees. How do you hear that differently? Spin it... and go.

he said it would be hard to turn down a role with a club "where everything goes your way" re: the yankees. How do you hear that differently? Spin it... and go.

Simply put, his first choice (and he has said this) was to stay in Boston. He never said he WANTED to go the the Yankees. He would be foolish to say he wouldn't sign with any ball club that would pay him the salary he desires. He knows the game. Bernie Williams used the Red Sox as leverage in his talks years ago. Everyone knew he wouldn't go to Boston. Papi is doing the same thing on a smaller scale.

I hope Ortiz goes, gives them some roster flexibility with no full time DH. Youk body is broken, he could DH half the games. Bring in a 3b and a RF and you can rotate players into the DH spot.

Bring in CJ Wilson since he doesn't drink.

The more I read about the drinking thing, the more I think it has been blown out of proportion in regards to how it affected the Red Sox in September. They have been drinking since 2004 I have read. If all this drama is just media hype, I will be VERY excited to see how the Red Sox come out next season. I am beginning to think more and more all this drama is exactly what this team needs to get focused!

That's not going to happen, the Yankees are old and need a rotating DH position to give players a day off. That's not even considering that if Jess Montero doesn't get traded in the offseason, DH is pretty much the only position he can play.