• Replies 25 Comments
  • Views 208 Views

Shortstop

Banned Everywhere Except Here…
Since
May 27, 2022
Score
Tokens
Yes, this definitely off topic. I’ve been loyal to this jeweler in the South Hills for over two decades. I usually get my watch battery replaced and cleaned for $8.41 plus tax which comes up to $9.00. This time I’m told it would be $16.05 because screws need to be removed to access the battery. I was like WTF? You never had to remove the screws in the previous years?? I talked her down to $15.00 and told her I’m never coming back. I’m not a cheap guy in any manner. Don’t you all agree this is very strange? I’ve spent several thousands at this place in the past.. Owner won’t return my calls..

I can't imagine getting anything serviced and ending up with a single digit bill. Sounds like they were undercharging all these years and have given you a shitty excuse instead of admitting that they simply had to raise their rate.

Either way, it's 15 bucks man. Change your own battery next time. You can get a simple spanner tool off Amazon to open the back of the case. Battery off Amazon as well. I have a handful of cheap automatic watches, including my beloved Seiko 5. I rarely wear it since I started wearing a Garmin to track fitness/sleep.

matty wears two watches

I completely understand where you’re coming from. I don’t know how to change a watch battery ?? I would post a photo, but they have it..

I’m simply disappointed that they aren’t as honest and professional as they used to be.. It sucks how times have changed..

Yeah. I'd be miffed too. Poor customer service for sure.

Did you tip?
No. Why should I have to ??

I’ve been a loyal client for so long..

First name basis and now this ??

WTF ??

I would imagine that screws probably always had to be removed to access the battery. I only wear my Apple Watch. I haven’t worn a watch that requires a battery in years.

He doesn't- the Seiko isn't even secured on his wrist. He was just showing his favorite automatic watch.

I would imagine that screws probably always had to be removed to access the battery. I only wear my Apple Watch. I haven’t worn a watch that requires a battery in years.

Right. I understand that. However, why now that they’re up charging me? The owner is avoiding me and not returning my calls.. It’s only $15, but that’s not the point.. I’ve been a loyal customer for years. Now this bullshit ??

It will be very awkward talking to him next time I see him. I miss my watch..

Probably getting it back tomorrow. Should be interesting..