• Start date
  • Replies 9 Comments
  • Views 1,189 Views

AMBy

Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
Has anyone else been following this? Evidently their relationship was strained as it was because Vonn was getting all the attention, then after costing Mancuso a medal yesterday they are really not getting along. Both of the skiers seem to be trying to downplay it but it sounds like people on the U.S. Ski team have no liked Vonn from the beginning.

It really is no surprise to me after watching Vonn's attitude, the way she responded to adversity, and her general "attention whoring" personality. I realize much of it is the media's fault as they want a darling of the ski team and her marketability is so high but from what I am reading it is tearing apart the US ski team.

On another note, what the hell was going on yesterday on that mountain? Why were they having two skiers on the course at the same time in the horrible foggy conditions? It looks like they handled the situation horribly.

I know nothing about how this shit works but this was my initial thought. Why the hell would they start another skier before the course is cleared? It's not like it takes 2 hours for someone to complete it...it's just a couple of minutes, right?

Are they really so pressed for time that they have to send someone before the previous person finishes???

Accidents happen and this can't be the first time this has happened if this is standard procedure.

Just reaffirms my belief that the Winter Olympics are fucking gay. :banghead:

Vonn is a faker. Her injury was played up before the games even began. She knows how to market herself that's for sure.

I wonder is she swallows.

Vonn is a faker. Her injury was played up before the games even began. She knows how to market herself that's for sure.

I wonder is she swallows.

I tend to agree with you....all she talked about was this injury and she ended up winning the gold. I mean from everything i read it was a freaking Bruise. She definitely loves to be the center of attention and like you said, does know how to market herself but man she annoys me.

High school shit. I could care less if they both got sucked into a black hole and were never heard from again.

great way for them to extend their 15-30 mins of fame...... just as long as they don't go to tonya harding lengths and be infamous for a very long time

Archie nailed it.

Let's all take a deep breath and remember that this is womens skiiing we are talking about here. Yawn.

I don't know about the previous relationship between the two skiers. I saw an interview with the two of them together last week and they seemed fine (but really, what are they going to do, start strangling each other on Canadian TV?)

I see yesterday as a completely separate issue, irrelevant to the relationship. Unless I missed something, the blame clearly lies elsewhere and it was just a coincidence that it was Vonn who hadn't been cleared off the course. Could have been anyone.

I know nothing about how this shit works but this was my initial thought. Why the hell would they start another skier before the course is cleared? It's not like it takes 2 hours for someone to complete it...it's just a couple of minutes, right?

Are they really so pressed for time that they have to send someone before the previous person finishes???

Accidents happen and this can't be the first time this has happened if this is standard procedure.

Just reaffirms my belief that the Winter Olympics are fucking gay. :banghead:

As someone who does allot of skiing, I can tell you that course conditions change from minute to minute. Kind of like they say in Nascar how the track changes every time they make a circle. In this case however, I believe that someone going down and getting hurt was foreseeable. It was really fucking foggy, low visability conditions, and people going as fast as the possibly can tend to lead to people fucking up and crashing. They should have lengthend the time in this case to about as long as it takes for someone to go through the course. The other girl who was forced to stop, got really hosed. Yeah, they let her go again, but the skis had

Best thing to do is watch the games from a satellite on some foreign speaking language. In this way you are actually watching sports instead of the drama that NBC tries to sell you.

Last edited: