Video game console - PS3??, Wii??, Xbox??

• Start date
  • Replies 46 Comments
  • Views 3,937 Views

PuckOff

Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
Looking at buying one for the family. Not much of a video game player these days, but that will change as my boys get older. I'm lost when it comes to buying electronics as I am not up on the current technology. Any thoughts/advice/opinions etc?

xbox...easy choice...the xbox 360 offers the best in live play and the hands free kinect is the shit :yes:

Thank you for your contribution Raymond. I am not looking for live play shit, but will do more reading up on the 360 especially the kinect shit.

You should be able to pick up a Wii for dirt cheap nowadays... I bought the Wii a few years ago mostly for exercising and the odd game night. You can have a lot of fun with the bowling and many of the Wii Fit games. If you do get one, I suggest you pickup the balance board and Wii Fit Plus.

I used to play a lot of 1st person shooter PC games, but finally grew up ie; got tired of wasting $$ on the newest game...In my opinion, the Wii sucks at those types of games. Don't get me wrong, I love a good FPS but cannot commit that kind of time anymore to something as silly as a video game.

If your family has any serious gamers, I don't suggest the Wii. It is more for the casual (arcade style) gamer.... that being said it is great for getting everyone together for an hour or so and having a laugh.

Got to go with PS3 for you here puck mainly because the NHL Gamecenter is fokking awesome when they decide to have a season. The NFL thins blows ass don't even bother.

SNES

Super Mario World
Super Punch Out!
Super Mario Kart
Zelda: A Link to the Past
Couple bags of potato chips and some Mountain Dew

You can thank me later.

Seriously - I'm a Sony guy, but if you're not loyal to specific game franchises (I'm a Gran Turismo and Final Fantasy nerd), I agree with RR, go with the XBOX.

i pretty much have sony shit in my house. tv, Home theatre deal etc. My kids are very young. oldest is not even 7 yet. Not sure if PS3 has games for small kids. Wife is interested in that exercise shit. Myself, I don't give a shit about these games/systems, but I want to make sure i make the right purchase.

All systems have games for kids. Wii is obviously more family-friendly/G-rated.

But the Wii sucks. 7yo Matty would not approve. The old NES games were a lot harder and more intricate than what the Wii offers.

Fok the Wii.

Thank you for yoru contribution Mathieu. I guess 7yo Matty will have to approve with what we get. 7yo Matty Mom not so sure.

for a 7yo, get a wii.

i on the other hand have a ps3. mainly cause it was free, its a BR player, and its hackable :)

Are there games that are suitable for a 7 year old? I'm lost when it comes to this shit. Will do a lot of reading tonight.

the xbox has virtually the same games and the kinect is hands free...seen a lot of accidents happen with those wii remotes and kids...and the wife will enjoy the exercises without holding a controller...plus in a few years, the boys will be into the military/combat games...there is no comparison...the xbox is already light years ahead of wii and will continue to get much better games that will play on the 360... thats just my .02c

i bought the nephew a 360 and the ex gf little girl a wii...the wii is more affordable for sure

the xbox has virtually the same games and the kinect is hands free...seen a lot of accidents happen with those wii remotes and kids...and the wife will enjoy the exercises without holding a controller...plus in a few years, the boys will be into the military/combat games...there is no comparison...the xbox is already light years ahead of wii and will continue to get much better games that will play on the 360... thats just my .02c

i bought the nephew a 360 and the ex gf little girl a wii...the wii is more affordable for sure

I agree with Ray here. The only reason I suggested the Wii is that it is super cheap to buy now and if the kids are just gonna trash it or only play for 1/2 hour at a time anyway. The main reason I don't own a PS3 or an XBOX is that I would never get off the thing... I know you can buy Xboxes that are hacked and have more games than you ever can play. (as long as you don't log onto the web with it).

yeah if you're a criminal.

Oh I forgot, I'm in Canada. We don't worry so much about those things... Stevie has a point because it seems the US gov't can just come into your house and charge you or throw you in jail for the rest of your life some minor offence. I'd stick to the legit games.

:baby:

Oh I forgot, I'm in Canada. We don't worry so much about those things... Stevie has a point because it seems the US gov't can just come into your house and charge you or throw you in jail for the rest of your life some minor offence. I'd stick to the legit games.

:baby:

Truth Quincy truth!

He have an old version of Shoots and Ladders we don't talk about around here for fear of repercussions (Felonies).