Vegas Golden Knights

• Start date
  • Replies 33 Comments
  • Views 2,630 Views
"Minority owners of new NHL franchise, Vegas Golden Knights include Rob Gronkowski, Jose Bautista and model Carol Alt."

Model/actress Carol Alt, Jacksonville Jaguars cornerback Prince Amukamara, and former NHL stars Mark Recchi and Alexei Yashin have also invested in the club, which begins play in 2017-18.

Recchi, 48, is a three-time Stanley Cup champion who played 22 years in the NHL before winning a fourth ring in 2016 as the Pittsburgh Penguins player development coach.

Yashin, the second-overall pick of the 1992 draft, played 12 NHL seasons for the Ottawa Senators and New York Islanders, serving as captain for both.

Amukamara, 27, was a member of the New York Giants' Super Bowl XLVI championship team as a rookie.

Alt, 55, reached supermodel status in the 1980s when her appearance on the cover of Sports Illustrated's Swimsuit Edition led to more than 500 magazine appearances.

The Golden Knights' majority owner, Bill Foley, unveiled the team's nickname and logo with much fanfare during a ceremony Tuesday night.

It would have been better if they were named the Silver Knights since Nevada is the Silver State. People associate Golden with California.

It would have been better if they were named the Silver Knights since Nevada is the Silver State. People associate Golden with California.

Great observation my friend and history says so!

I remember this NHL team from SF Bay area .....

california-golden-seals-nhl-pennant.jpg

And possibly below might have been ......... and 4 consecutive Montreal Canadian Cups might have never occurred!

Lafleur,+Guy.jpg

In possible the worst trade ever in the history of hockey, on May 22nd, 1970, the California Golden Seals traded away their first round draft pick in the 1971 Amateur Draft, Francois Lacombe and cash to the Montreal Canadiens for the Canadiens 1st round pick in 1970 and Ernie Hicke. The Golden Seals would draft Chris Oddleifson with Montreal's 10th overall pick in 1970. The following year, the Canadiens would use California's 1st overall pick to select Guy Lafleur.

Model/actress Carol Alt, Jacksonville Jaguars cornerback Prince Amukamara, and former NHL stars Mark Recchi and Alexei Yashin have also invested in the club, which begins play in 2017-18.

Recchi, 48, is a three-time Stanley Cup champion who played 22 years in the NHL before winning a fourth ring in 2016 as the Pittsburgh Penguins player development coach.

Yashin, the second-overall pick of the 1992 draft, played 12 NHL seasons for the Ottawa Senators and New York Islanders, serving as captain for both.

Amukamara, 27, was a member of the New York Giants' Super Bowl XLVI championship team as a rookie.

Alt, 55, reached supermodel status in the 1980s when her appearance on the cover of Sports Illustrated's Swimsuit Edition led to more than 500 magazine appearances.

The Golden Knights' majority owner, Bill Foley, unveiled the team's nickname and logo with much fanfare during a ceremony Tuesday night.

So they all bought season tickets?

Their trademark application for "Golden Knights" was denied. LOL.

Gonna need a new name.

Can't they just write a big fat check to the college that's using the name?

I take back my comment about the logo. It's criminally dull.

ya I have to say I got quite the chuckle when I read that the other day. There's no way they can keep that name without compensating the other team.

And the rams are changing their colors back to blue and white. Maybe kings and lakers should follow