Updating a bit of life drama

• Start date
  • Replies 22 Comments
  • Views 3,813 Views
Hey,

I never heard the whole story or situation but from the general recap of what I have read I am going to just say you are very brave. I come from a family of addict and saw my 2 sisters fall extremely hard into crystal meth and one of them who is 34 has 3 DUI's so she also had a drinking problem. The hardest thing is to see people throw their lives away and not be able to quit but something that is equally as hard is standing next to them on the road to recovery which can be long and bumpy. The single bravest thing that I respect all people like yourself for is admitting a problem exists and a desire to change. Stay strong muddy and I hope that things work out for your friend. Remember the road to recovery is not something you can complete in a day/week/month even year.. it is an ongoing process that you go through on a daily basis.

Keep the updates coming people fighting against addiction/health/personal problems is always inspiring to a lot of people.

I read this and was getting ready to respond and then my friend I am talking about here called and we have just been on the phone for an hour (again). Things are progressing.

Thanks for your good wishes. As with Swedie, I can empathize with your family situation. Crystal meth is unbelievably scary. I see how fast it ages people. I am lucky it wasn't around much in my prime using days because I'm sure I would have dove right in. Scary, scary. But I have also seen people come out the other side so there is hope.

MrX
This forum is way too supportive of Mudcat. I don't know if I can stay here.

Is anyone recruiting pags11? We need balance.

You, I don't care for.

:old:

mudcat-

best wishes with all. thanks for the update, even though this is the first time i have read about it.

Sounds like a low-bottom. You have been clean for many years and you need to give her a bit of time to work on herself ( I know you know this shit). Fact remains, she needs about a year or two to really working on herself before you guys can even think about getting back together again.