• Views 1,245 Views

betplom

RPM
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
edb7eb4540839cefc99f2dff04cb.jpeg

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/764474--u-s-south-crippled-by-rare-snow-storms?bn=1

PENSACOLA, FLA.-It took back-to-back blizzards to paralyze the nations capital, but in the Deep South it only takes a couple of centimetres of snow.
Flakes were falling or threatened Friday from Texas to the Florida Panhandle and then up along the coasts of Georgia and South Carolina, bringing a rare white landscape to spots that havent seen snow in a decade or longer. The storm was crawling east out of Texas, where it left the Dallas area with more than 30 centimetres of snow, nearly 200 traffic accidents, thousands without power and hundreds of cancelled flights.

lol. centimeters?

there wasnt even a millimeter that stuck to the ground in p-cola

lol. centimeters?

there wasnt even a millimeter that stuck to the ground in p-cola

Fischy: The metric system has replaced the imperial system in every industrialized nation in the world except for one.
Can you guess which country refuses to join the rest of the world in moving ahead?
Hint: This country claims to be the freest nation on the planet - a claim that is easily proven as false.

plommer. i know this. im an engineer so i am well aware of the stupidity of the imperial system of units.

having grown up in canada, i am also well aware of the absurdity of this "blizzard" we are currently having in pensacola.

i am not at liberty to discuss any "freest nation on the planet" claims

plommer. i know this. im an engineer so i am well aware of the stupidity of the imperial system of units.

having grown up in canada, i am also well aware of the absurdity of this "blizzard" we are currently having in pensacola.

i am not at liberty to discuss any "freest nation on the planet" claims

Fischy, I forgot, you are from Edmonton. My bad.

I was just trying to be a dick to my American friends, I forgot that you are immune from Canadian propaganda.

When you rarely get any measurable snow, it is hard to stay prepared for it. I remember how Alabama stocked up for snow after we got snowed in for 2 whole days back in the Blizzard of 93 as it is called here. We did actually get about a foot of snow that year. It was in mid-March. For the next couple of years, the state and city governments were ready. Only....there was very little snow. So here we are 17 years later and a couple of inches is very exciting.

nina you are bama born and raised? never lived anywhere else?

I once saw 4 meters of snow in 18 hours in Chile on the Southern Ice Field.

I wasn't anywhere near as cold as I was nearly every year in Atlanta outside on NYE.

atlanta durito? i thought it was colorado :clueless:

I am from Colorado. But, I used to go to Atlanta to see Widespread Panic most New Years eves. Of anywhere I've been in my life, I've never felt as cold outside. People think Colorado and think cold and snow, but there is more sunshine in denver than in Miami. It might snow, but the next day its 67. It never feels as cold as that east coast usa crap.