Triple Crown Races Thread 2019

• Start date
  • Replies 51 Comments
  • Views 2,956 Views
Jesus. We were right to neg Maximum Security (finished 17th) but for the wrong reason.

I've never seen that happen in such a major race but as Mott pointed out it happens in mid-week 10k claimer every day. Cashed a couple earlier in the day but blew it and then some on the Derby. Oh well, back at today.

I love the people that only bet the Derby complaining about the DQ. After years of betting horses, I’ve had horses DQed for less.

Yeah, I started the day decent yesterday but obviously lost on the Derby. Curious to see the Preakness field.

Reading today sounds like majority of horse people didn't agree with the decision! Yes, public probably pissed at money lost but sounds like on a sloppy track crap will happen! I mean no one says jockey did it on purpose, just horse went off course. Plus like RC stated the one horse affected the most might have won, but clearly IMO MaxS wasn't going to get beat by CountryH! :dunno:

Yeah Mr. M. I say if these greedy bastards wanna run a 20 horse clustermuck of a race they should expect anything goes

Just rewatched it and the dq was legit. The horse and rider definitely changed lanes and impeded war of wills. I dunno what the correct order of finish should have been and stewards have wide latitude to adjust this - so no issue there.

Its unfortunate that the best horse (Max Sec) didnt get the win but they almost caused a 4 horse pileup.

Preakness without the Derby winner or the presumed Derby winner.

I’m actually looking forward to this race now.

Didnt even think about wow running. That's right.

I have a buddy who thinks wests (max sec) are on the stronach payroll now in their effort to have pimlico closed and move it all to Laurel... that's crazy... or is it...

Didnt even think about wow running. That's right.

I have a buddy who thinks wests (max sec) are on the stronach payroll now in their effort to have pimlico closed and move it all to Laurel... that's crazy... or is it...
Pimlico has been on their last legs for awhile IMO.

Speaking of Pimlico, I’m at a dog track in Florida today betting simulcasting.

which track? I heard they about to close em all down

Theyre closing them all by 2020. Something like 7,000 dogs become worthless as race animals instantly.

I wonder what happens to a breed when their principal source of value is removed. Think anyone wants to own greyhounds as pets when they're not rescues? I suppose the breed has enough lovers without the rescue angle... But i dunno.

Theyre closing them all by 2020. Something like 7,000 dogs become worthless as race animals instantly.

I wonder what happens to a breed when their principal source of value is removed. Think anyone wants to own greyhounds as pets when they're not rescues? I suppose the breed has enough lovers without the rescue angle... But i dunno.

In upstate NY, their is a greyhound rescue group. They adopt a ton of these dogs.

I would never bet on a dog race personally. I only went to the dog track because it’s the closest place to bet horse simulcasting and not have to do it online. I set up an account there today. I’ll only go back there to deposit and withdrawal from now on.

I would, did and happy to bet on a dog. But I guess theY are not very profitable anymore to the government, or whoever the fuck, so you know all of a sudden it's animal cruelty. :fuckyou: you hypocrite pricks.

I've had to accept that greyhound betting will never be a source of significant income for me long ago, but it was my 1st step into gambling. And even though I hardly bet a race in years I'm kinda defensive about it :mad:
romanticism and nostalgia I guess. still nothing more satisfying in gambling than picking a winning dog. :irishluck:

Late posting to the party on the Preakness.

I had the 7 ATB and felt good coming on the 3/4 and then watched it fall apart.

Actually a good race. Took forever to get going though. Boner, what did you play?

Liked 3, 5, 12. Mostly the 5 up top. Didn't have wow on any tickets but glad to see him a bit vindicated. On to the next one.