Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
Who gets traded this offseason

matthews?
Tavares?
Marner?

someone got to go. Can’t choke this many times.

As a Leaf fan I think I prefer it when they miss the playoffs.
Less annoying than losing in the 1st round ( always in brutal fashion) every time.

Anyways, I'm fairly certain Toronto would get beat by Winnipeg as they are much tougher physically than Montreal.

Congrats to Habs fans. I still will never cheer for them though. My favourite team now is whoever is playing against the Canadiens.

Oh and I was quite confident that after losing game 6 they would lose in game 7. It's like a rerun I've seen so many times before.

I wonder if they're able to get a refund on that Foligno rental 🤭 (1st rounder)

Who was that coach with the mustache, who died? I always liked him. Leafs were good in the 90's

Who was that coach with the mustache, who died? I always liked him. Leafs were good in the 90's
The only Leaf team i really thought had a chance were the 93/94 Leafs with burns, they were fun to watch. Pretty tough too.

Read this in the Toronto Star today, couldn't agree more.

"Money goalie"

"In some ways, it was a battle of players earning eight figures. And Montreal’s $10.5-million (U.S.) goalie, Carey Price, was better than the Leafs’ Auston Matthews ($11.6 million) and Mitch Marner ($10.9 million). With John Tavares ($11 million) erased from the equation in Game 1, Montreal’s depth players outplayed Toronto’s.

The Canadiens certainly played a
looser, almost confident brand of hockey from the moment their backs were against the wall. Underdogs, playing with nothing to lose, rallied to win. The Leafs seemed nervous for most of the final three games. They were good in spurts. But they were mistake-prone and elements of their game that led to such a successful regular season — like forechecking and breaking up plays — were absent in the latter part of this series."

I was just thinking I believe about that team. It was the year the fabulous sharks with makarov and larionov beat the top seed wings. They then ended up losing to Toronto in 2nd round. Johan garpenlov hit the post in game 6 ot which would've advanced the sharks.

I was just thinking I believe about that team. It was the year the fabulous sharks with makarov and larionov beat the top seed wings. They then ended up losing to Toronto in 2nd round. Johan garpenlov hit the post in game 6 ot which would've advanced the sharks.
Coolie I don't even remember that series. Had to look it up. Wow did Toronto have a great regular season record.

I do remember I was working in Vancouver at the time and would rush home after work to catch the Leaf game in progress because of the time zone difference. Was weird watching games at 4:30pm

fbhm.PNG

Yep looks like it was game 6. Man those were fun years for nhl

Yep looks like it was game 6. Man those were fun years for nhl
While I don't remember the San Jose series I DO remember the loss to the Canucks in the next round. I was in Vancouver and it was miserable for me as a Leaf guy.