The Polaroid Random Thoughts Baseball Thread

• Start date
  • Replies 2,775 Comments
  • Views 213,625 Views
I guess I’ll be rooting for the Phillies for the first time in my life for the next 10 days or so.

I guess I’ll be rooting for the Phillies for the first time in my life for the next 10 days or so.
Before we started bantering back and forth here there were times I rooted for the Marlins for sure. Underdog status going up against the big spenders. Having to look up the exact details but Phils this year kind of parallels the Marlins back in 2003. Started off bad and Mckeon comes in and rights the ship to surprising WS title.

Thomson doing the same for Phils but still long way to go to accomplish what McKeon did. If they beat SD beating a great team like Houston would equal for me beating the Yanks. Phils players really enjoying themselves having fun like kids playing the game while getting the job done.

One for the old-timers!
1666533800282.png

Happy to see Phils signing Tre Turner! This Phils owner isn't afraid to spend money. Thinking he will leading off. Kyle S just shouldn't be leadoff batter though manager stuck with it since team just kept winning.

Fun times to be a Marlins fan as always!

Bryan Reynolds wants traded.

He seems like a smart cat.

Must know something is going on within the organization.

The Pirates best player… Could be the cornerstone for the future… 🙋🏿‍♂️🤷🏿‍♂️🙋🏿‍♂️

Bryan Reynolds wants traded.

He seems like a smart cat.

Must know something is going on within the organization.

The Pirates best player… Could be the cornerstone for the future… 🙋🏿‍♂️🤷🏿‍♂️🙋🏿‍♂️

going on?

more likely knows, nothing ever going on good with them

going on?

more likely knows, nothing ever going on good with them
Yes. The organization is heading in the wrong direction.

Rebuilding since 1979… 😟

Been glued to new york sports talk last night and tonight. I think it's a good sign that Judge didn't announce last night after NY Post clown Jon Heyman spread fake news.

I tend to think think the money is huge no matter where he goes, it's gonna be where he wants to be.

Happy for Judge and Yankee fans. He earned it.

Last 2 years of Judge/Stanton contracts will be complete disasters for Yankees.

Phillies spending like drunken sailors. @Tron is this Walker guy any good? :dunno:That's how far removed from game until Phils excited me this past season.

Walker was above average in 2032z.

2.5 WAR

Good 3rd starter

Walker was above average in 2032z.

2.5 WAR

Good 3rd starter
Okay then if healthy 4 good staters penciled in. Like you previously posted the BP was by far the weakest link until SirA and Alvardo got hot at closing but need HELP with middle relief. And poor defense too but less of an issue IMO.

As it stands now, the luxury tax that Steve Cohen will pay in 2023 on the Mets payroll will be more than the total payroll of 10 MLB teams.

what's the point of the tax then?

evidently they can afford it.

sports are strange.