The Polaroid Random Thoughts Baseball Thread

• Start date
  • Replies 2,770 Comments
  • Views 213,502 Views
My prediction for Blue Jays 2018: 10 games below .500

Just to close the loop on that, BJ's finished 16 games below .500. So my projection was pretty decent, I reckon.

The Blue Jays though: not so decent. That little window of excitement that opened in the summer of 2015 ---> officially closed.

Way closed.

No opt out.

They better pray the NL eventually goes with a DH.

Tron, I don't think he ever wanted to come to Philly ..... just got the most money from them. Boros played it till the end trying to get a west coast club to bite. Philly fans love to hate when a player goes bad and when Harper does, he will hear it and then complain his way out of town. And have Boros work his magic on going to a team of his desire and Phils will be on the hook for too much of the remaining contract.

That being said, a WS title sooner than later and maybe Harper will go down in Philly folk lore as a hero! Phils have improved at SS, C, 1B, and Closer. Hopefully Arrieta doesn't lose any more speed off his FB. Same 3,4,5 starters and if none improve Harper better do enough damage to offset the damage opponents will do to the starting pitching and I forgot to mention how shitty the middle relief was. Of course year to year that can change just by a little luck here or there with a surprise player.

Tron, I don't think he ever wanted to come to Philly ..... just got the most money from them. Boros played it till the end trying to get a west coast club to bite. Philly fans love to hate when a player goes bad and when Harper does, he will hear it and then complain his way out of town. And have Boros work his magic on going to a team of his desire and Phils will be on the hook for too much of the remaining contract.

That being said, a WS title sooner than later and maybe Harper will go down in Philly folk lore as a hero! Phils have improved at SS, C, 1B, and Closer. Hopefully Arrieta doesn't lose any more speed off his FB. Same 3,4,5 starters and if none improve Harper better do enough damage to offset the damage opponents will do to the starting pitching and I forgot to mention how shitty the middle relief was. Of course year to year that can change just by a little luck here or there with a surprise player.

Phillies did really well this off season. They basically paid Harper as a 3.4 WAR player and he will outplay that in some -if not most- years (yeah year 12 and 13 will likely suck) but if the NL goes DH then jackpot 777.

But, yeah, dumb Philly fans will foolishly boo him when he hits .245 (but hits 45-50 DONGS)

NL with a DH in the next 10 years for the max, right?

Gonna take in a spring training game next weekend... getting pumped for baseball, dog days are right around the corner.

Upon further review, Bryce so far saying all the right things, so who knows, he might really want to be in Philly? CBP is great for hitters so he should do well. Really wanted Trout down the road but who knows, Phils owner looks willing to spend $$$ so if Angels can't extend Trout, local boy might come home!

And how many seasons tickets were sold after Harper signing and his jersey is selling like hotcakes, #3, maybe he wants to be the The Bambino of Philly! I guess you have to spend money to make more money!

First MLB regular season game on 5:30 AM Eastern time tomorrow, boyssssssssssss.

Likely Ichiro’s last series as a starter in MLB.

It’s that time of year, fellas.

MLB in Montreal. No Vlad Jr this year unfortunately because he is injured but Bo Bichette is playing SS.