The Polaroid Random Thoughts Baseball Thread

• Start date
  • Replies 2,774 Comments
  • Views 213,533 Views
damn Jays have a pretty old group of starting position players

2020-21ish should be fun when Vlad Jr gets called up

Really good piece about how Jeter could have kept the core, added pitching, and then had a FIRE SALE (with a bigger return) in 2019 if the team failed to make the playoffs in 2018. The article doesn’t claim the FIRE SALE was a terrible move, it just claims it wasn’t the only play (and it changed the entire off season for all of MLB).

https://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/the-marlins-are-the-collusion/

So it looks like they are going ahead with the new baseball season. The Blue Jays with Curtis Granderson batting cleanup begin their march to immortality in about an hour.

No but seriously man, the Blue Jays got about 17 major "ifs"

If Justin Smoak can repeat his career year . . .

If Aaron Sanchez has no more blister issues . . .

If Devon Travis can stay healthy . . .

If Russ Martin . . . if Josh Donaldson . . . if Troy Tulowitski . . .

etc.

. . . if every one of those can come through, the Jays got a decent shot at that second wildcard.

Big G is the NL MVP!?

:bowdown:

What a ridiculous day it will be when the new ownership trades him.

This guy is such a fuckin bum. Only hit all those blasts b/c the fish were at the bottom of the nl east, losing games and no one was ever on base. Fukkin Jeter took advantage of the Yanks. FUKKIN BUM. FFFFAAAAACCKKKK!!!!

Boner, I think he doesn't like playing in the cold! He will warm up when the weather does! Though I would have waited till after 2018 and gone after Bryce Harper instead! Maybe they go after him anyway?

This guy is such a fuckin bum. Only hit all those blasts b/c the fish were at the bottom of the nl east, losing games and no one was ever on base. Fukkin Jeter took advantage of the Yanks. FUKKIN BUM. FFFFAAAAACCKKKK!!!!

Stanton will be just fine, dude. His career OPS is over .900. How is Gary Sanchez doing so far this year?

Giancarlo Stanton struck out more times last week than Joe Dimaggio did the whole 1941 season.

Yeah, Stantons career stats dont mean squat. His career to date has been being the superstar on a AAA team in a shit division. In NY he's just another guy. Fuckin bum. Won't hit over 30hr aghainst AL east pitching on this team. BB and SO will be up for sure. But fuuuucxxkkkk

Yeah, Stantons career stats dont mean squat. His career to date has been being the superstar on a AAA team in a shit division

Evidently you don’t know much about the Nationals and Mets pitching staff.

Stanton will get a 15 month this year! I remember times against the Phils where balls off his bat flew by the pitcher at light speed! Can't recall another player hitting the ball that hard! Plus Boner you have to remember how easy it was to pitch around him on those AAA teams! ;)

My prediction for Blue Jays 2018: 10 games below .500

It's very early in the season but I am pleasantly surprised with the 9-5 Blue Jays. Whole lotta late inning clutch hitting with this team so far - against some top relievers. Roberto Osuna has been lights out with a 0.00 ERA.

A bunch of guys they brought in in the off-season that either made me roll my eyes or I never heard of them - proving to be scrappy and fun.

Evidently you don’t know much about the Nationals and Mets pitching staff.

Dude just referenced the 2017 Mets staff as evidence the NL was not a shit division. Lololol lololol lololol.

I agree Boner the NL East was pure shitt and Stanton might not be worth the money but the guy I think will end up 40HR/100RBI and .280AVG/.350OBP! Nobody in sports these days is worth the money, but the ones who make way too much get the harsh criticism! And you know I can lay the criticism with the best of them! :yes:

Dude just referenced the 2017 Mets staff as evidence the NL was not a shit division. Lololol lololol lololol.

I was hammered when I made that post. I forgot the Mets staff was hurt. No comment on the Nationals pitching staff?

Also, you’re the fucking ding dong who is calling Stanton a bust 14 games into the season.

Also, Marlins Park dimensions vs Yankee Stadium dimensions.