The Polaroid Random Thoughts Baseball Thread

• Start date
  • Replies 2,799 Comments
  • Views 216,105 Views
raul mondesi did it with the pirates a few years back.

Milton Bradley basically quit on the Cubs a couple of times in games and was buried by the media.

Milton Bradley quit on a lot of teams

I've been looking for a baseball bet tonight and I'm coming up empty

no raul literally left the team left the country, didn't return calls. pirates had to terminate the contract. afew days later he signed with the angels

The race for the #1 pick

Houston 28 49 ---
Kansas City 31 45 3.5
Chicago 31 44 4.0
San Diego 33 44 5.0
Florida 33 43 5.5

Davey Johnson is new Nationals manager.

good article on bautista in SI this week

ok, maybe not. I couldn't bring myself to read it

The race for the #1 pick

I'm more interested in the race to get the prospects from the Royals (often considered as one of the best in history) into the majors to see what Kansas can get out of them.

Royals are gonna have to get rid of some of them

What else is new?

Beltran? Damon? Dye?

Possibly greatest OF of all time right there.

What else is new?

Beltran? Damon? Dye?

Possibly greatest OF of all time right there.

well I didn't mean in that manner. they'll have the prospects they wanna keep under control for at least 6 years once they bring them up.

but because they just have soooo many of them, they are gonna risk losing guys in the rule V drafts in the winter meetings over the next few years, so they might need to package some prospects up and trade them

Dodgers file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy

I think Mark Cuban is going to own a baseball team

Anyone taking them over would be a plus for the franchise. I'm not sure how much of it is true but I'd wager it's generally much closer to the mark.

http://bit.ly/mCQbXG

19 year old Mike Trout, arguably the best prospect in MLB, has been called up to the Angels - he has been smashing the ball in the minors but hasn't played above AA ball yet.

It just occurred to me that I have been with hundreds of women who's name I never knew.

At the time it isn't that weird but after a couple of decades realizing you've fukked hundreds of people you were never introduced feels a little strange.

Oh, I'm still gonna continue doing it - maybe it will fell weird again sometime when I stop to think about it.