The Polaroid Random Thoughts Baseball Thread

• Start date
  • Replies 2,815 Comments
  • Views 218,599 Views
Bread:

You beat me to it.

I was gonna say the same thing.

Polaroid, you heartless cunt.

Horny Freddy anals your random baseball thoughts.

Be nice to Robyn.

Be nice to Robyn.

Be nice to Robyn.

Be nice to Robyn.

Hey mutherfucker why don't you be nice to ANYONE?!

Be nice to Robyn.

Be nice to Robyn.

Be nice to Robyn.

Be nice to Robyn.

Hey mutherfucker why don't you be nice to ANYONE?!

I am always nice to Rubyn. I loves me some Rubyn, common.

I am always nice to Rubyn. I loves me some Rubyn, common.

Poor Plommey. One of the biggest high days ever and nobody to celebrate with.

Hey Plommel Horse, the rest of us are still miserable.

I'm happy for you though. As happy as one can be for somebody else I suppose.

:renocool:

Wos the stros robbed the phillies

Poor Plommey. One of the biggest high days ever and nobody to celebrate with.

Hey Plommel Horse, the rest of us are still miserable.

I'm happy for you though. As happy as one can be for somebody else I suppose.

:renocool:

Pal I am happy for you.

No one else here gets to bang Rubyn as much as you.

I celebrated by going out for a steak dinner.

The restaurant greeter asks me "how many in your party?" and I tell her I need a table for me and all my friends total = 1 lol.

Hunter Pence goes to the Phillies and Houston get two of the Phillies top 3 (plus a PTBNL) prospects. That deal might be as bad as the extension they gave to Ryan Howard.

Yes great prospects but they have 3 great pitchers for at least 3 more years! Teams wish they had these 3 and put any bums in there for your 4th and 5th guys!

Howard deserved the money IMO cause Thome being here robbed him of a couple years of his career! Howard came right up and start producing from day 1! His 5 years at 125 million should be looked at 7-8 years! Ownership did the right thing!

Look at that! Howard has 78 RBI and he's having a bad year? Utley out most of the year and Rollins having a bad year! But someway this guy still gets them home!

Beltran a rental while Pence will be here for 2 more years! Hopefully Dom Brown in LF and Pence in RF for 2012 as defending WS champs! :grin:

But who am I to say so, you're the boss here sweetie! :hattip:

rbi's is a stupid stat

RBIs are correlated with the OBP of the preceding 3-4 batters - a player hitting cleanup for the Mariners is going to have significantly less RBIs than the same hitter who bats 4th for the Red Sox. There are many other factors that affect the level of RBIs but that's probably the primary one.

Ubaldo Jimenez traded to the Indians, didn't see that one coming.

Indians really suprised me there

Pirates need to do alot more than add Lee if they really want to compete the last 2 months

Little tidbit bout the 2 main guys the Phils gave up to get Pence in Cozart and Singleton!

Cozart: The only thing keeping everyone from truly wild enthusiasm regarding Cosart is the fact that he's only managed to throw 95.2 pro innings up to this point due to various injuries. That's certainly a red flag, but the upside here is so substantial that I had to bump him to #2 on the list. Cosart has a true plus fastball, with reports having him touching as high as 98 on the gun, and his curveball is already a plus pitch as well. His 2010 performance was excellent -- 9.7 K/9, 2.0 BB/9, 0.38 HR/9, 59% GB, 2.47 FIP -- and he's athletic to boot, which will help him maintain his mechanics. At this point, the Texas flamethrower needs two things: (1) to hone his change up; and (2) to stay healthy and log innings.

JMO: Not much time in 3 years spent on mound! Coin flip on being a star or injury proned!

Singleton: In last year's rankings, I tried to temper my own personal excitement for Singleton, reasoning that: (a) he was an 8th round pick with only 100 pro at bats; and (b) the offensive bar is very high for first base prospects. Well, the big lefty had shattered that logic by his second week in Lakewood, dominating the circuit before wearing down physically in the season's second half. All told, his .288/.392/.477 full season debut was highly impressive, all the more so considering his age (he didn't turn 19 until after the season) and his precocious approach at the plate (13.8% BB, 19.7% K). A bat like that will play anywhere, but the thinking now is that Singleton is athletic enough to try his hand at the outfield, which can only help his stock.

JMO: This guy could be a real star but can only play 1st base! The Phillies have a 1st baseman!

After Ed Wade gets fired expect him to be on the Phillies payroll next year if he isn't already on it! Guy I think still lives in Philly!