• Replies 58 Comments
  • Views 3,074 Views

Badnina

Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
Final 10 races of the year.

And this one has definitely started off with a bang. The penalties of MWR yesterday made mine and Mr. Nina's jaws drop.

Yes Nina, that was quick and decisive! Always didn't like the team drivers helping each other during a race when I thought every man should be out there for himself but what MWR did to gain a spot in the Chase had to be reprimanded IMO! Could cost them now big $$$ too!

Two of Michael Waltrip Racing's sponsors are reviewing their relationships with the race team following the organization's attempt to manipulate the finish at Richmond.

NAPA Auto Parts posted on its Facebook page Wednesday it is "launched our own review to determine the future of our partnership" with MWR. NAPA is the sponsor for Martin Truex Jr., who was kicked out of the Chase for the Sprint Car championship when NASCAR sanctioned MWR for its actions in Saturday night's race.

"The actions taken by Michael Waltrip s Racing team this past weekend leading to the penalties assessed by NASCAR, are very concerning. We are disappointed that a partner associated with our organization would make such a significant error in judgment," NAPA said in the statement.

Also, 5-Hour Energy, which sponsors Clint Bowyer, tweeted it is reviewing its sponsorship relations internally. Bowyer's car spun out with seven laps left in Saturday's race and radio communications between he and his crew chief prompted NASCAR to investigate whether MWR was trying to manipulate the finish to get Truex into the 12-driver Chase field.

NASCAR fined MWR $300,000, suspended general manager Ty Norris indefinitely, docked drivers Bowyer, Truex and Brian Vickers 50 points each and placed their crew chiefs on probation through the end of the year. Truex was replaced in the Chase by Ryan Newman.

Gordon was totally screwed and not in a good way either. I can see him trying to take Bowyer out in a girlish temper fit soon.

Not a fan so happy anytime Jeffrey gets screwed not in a good way! I just don't want JJ to win another one! When time I will see over the 12 and post what from 1-12 as a fan only who I would like to win it! Junior for sure #1!

I would like to see that too. I don't want Kenseth or Kyle to win it either.

LOL! It better end pretty soon! Have to delay my 1-12 until we know a set list of drivers in the Chase! This might be a good thing in the end for the sport! Radio communication in Nascar is like posting on FB!

I know!! Any fan with RaceView can listen in. I do with Jr's radio. Not to mention that NASCAR monitors the radios. If nothing comes of this one, I wonder how if Gordon will take them both out?

I didn't know fans could listen in! That's wild!

Here's my 1-12 preference on who I want to win it! Points behind to start!

1) Junior -15
2) Newman -15
3) Logano -12
4) Biffle -12
5) Kahne -15
6) Harvick -9
7) Edwards -9
8) Johnson -3
9) Kenseth Leader
10) Boyer -15
11) Kurt B -15
12) Kyle B -3

add one more Mr. Monkey cause they just added Gordon to the mix as the 13th driver.

Yes, if you subscribe to the race view on NASCAR's website, you can listen to the individual driver's radio communications. If you and a friend/family member want to split the cost of the subscription you can listen/watch the race on raceview on 2 separate computers at the same time. Mr. Nina and I have done this when he is traveling.

Finally under way after delay!

7a) Gordon

Race still going on at this moment! Junior not looking good and damn Busch brothers at the top!

Jr blew an engine. Mr. Nina was sad about that. Said some ugly words.

And naturally Kenseth and Kyle finished 1 & 2 cause I didn't want them to.

I guess Junior is way behind now! Can't believe how Gordon up there at the end!