The Misunderstood Milton Bradley

Polaroid

I need a tittle
Since
Jan 21, 2010
Score
Tokens
Currently with his eighth team in a MLB career spanning ten years, it is definitely safe to say that Milton Bradley is a journeyman. With his above average talent he certainly is not you archetypical journeyman, it is more to do with his people skills as to why he flits from club to club. And after his latest incident with the Seattle Mariners, where he left the ballpark during Tuesday's game against Tampa Bay after being pulled in the sixth inning, he spoke to GM Jack Zduriencik and Manager Don Wakamatsu and admitted, I need help. Presumably this was more to do with his mental state rather than his playing although arguably that is an equally pressing need as he is hitting .214 for the season, striking out over 55% more and swinging at nearly 40% more pitches outside the strike zone than his career average.

The Mariners left fielder will now be out indefinitely with stress related issues and Seattle called up Ryan Langerhans from Tacoma Rainiers, the Seattle Triple A affiliate, although this was expected to be a short term measure while the roster is adjusted. Considering Bradley's track record, it is not known whether or not he really wants or will really take the help. Or whether the Mariners will be another in the long line of clubs who tried and failed to tame him and, considering the backloaded contract worth $23 million until 2011 they are responsible for, Seattle will be hoping for the latter and definitely hoping his return isn't like his Opening Day debut where one of his multitude of 2010 strikeouts was celebrated with a smashed bat.

My least favorite player

Seattle got what they deserved. Any team paying $23 million for him is out of their fucking minds.

I wonder how Milton Bradley fits into Orlando Hudson's racism-against-African-Americans-in-baseball theory.

Maybe Milton Bradley just isn't being given a fair chance because of the color of his skin. :light:

I wonder how Milton Bradley fits into Orlando Hudson's racism-against-African-Americans-in-baseball theory.

Maybe Milton Bradley just isn't being given a fair chance because of the color of his skin. :light:

He already played that card while speaking in a Tomato like third person against Jeff Kent when he was a Dodger.

"The problem is, [Kent] doesn't know how to deal with African-American people," Bradley said. "I think that's what's causing everything. It's a pattern of things that have been said -- things said off the cuff that I don't interpret as funny. It may be funny to him, but it's not funny to Milton Bradley. But I don't take offense to that because we all joke about race in here. Race is an issue with everything we do in here.

"Me being an African-American is the most important thing to me -- more important than baseball," said the 27-year-old center fielder, whose voice never went beyond his normal speaking level. "White people never want to see race -- with anything. But there's race involved in baseball. That's why there's less than 9 percent African-American representation in the game. I'm one of the few African-Americans that starts here."

After a suspension last week, an ejection on Friday and playing left field worse than Manny Ramirez with a blindfold over the weekend he has been DFAed by the Mariners.

gonna kill himself or someone else VERY soon

I'm sure his wife is pretty crazy too a) she married Milton... b) she had kid/s with him c) she made up shit about a school teacher calling her kid a nigger when they were in chicago...

still she doesn't deserved to get killed via Milton's Bat

http://thecelebritycafe.com/feature/milton-bradley-goes-batty-09-29-2011

Milton Bradley goes batty
9/29/2011
Steven Loffredo
Professional baseball player Milton Bradley, 33, has been arrested for allegedly swinging a baseball bat at his wife.

Bradley and his wife were arguing when he pulled out a baseball bat and began swinging it at her, according to latimes.com. She dodged the strikes and eventually police would respond to a domestic violence call made by Bradley’s wife. Bradley fled the scene and when he found out the police were coming, he sped away from his house.

According to TMZ.com, police arrested Bradley and brought him into custody on charges of assault with a deadly weapon. Bradley has been released on $30,000 bail.

This is Bradley’s second domestic incident. He was arrested back in January for threatening to physically harm his wife.

what a great OPS though

I say he gets into the HOF on the back of all those great board games.

I thought this was a board game thread..... after all in their day Milton Bradley sold a lot of games..... Life, stratego, battleship etc.... Maybe only muddy and I remember.....