• Start date
  • Replies 87 Comments
  • Views 6,958 Views

Tron

Since
Jan 28, 2010
Score
Tokens
Post some of your favorite movie clips in this thread. Saw this on another board a while back and ended up renting a few movies that I'd never seen because of that thread.

Embedding is disabled evidently but the link takes you right to it

This could be a good ongoing thread.

a little long, but one of the best

my embedding or my internet is kinda messed up.... just real quick the first one that usually comes to mind are the non-deep/intelligent cliche ones and ones just imprinted in your head from child-hood... a few good men court room scene, final timeout/huddle in hoosiers scene, opera music scene in shawshank redemption, phoebe cates getting nekkid in fast times at ridgemont high, KGB getting nuts at getting beat in rounders, Rocky training montage in sibera for rockyiv, many action sequences from last of the mohicans,
"how bout them apples scene from good will hunting
my favorite from this year, the scene where LIam is on the phone in "Taken" and has the little "I don't know who you are or what you want........" monologue

I love the final scene from The Straight Story. The problem is, it is all about context and nuance. You need to know what led to that point to feel the impact. To just look at it with no context, it probably just looks dull.

But what the hell, here it is:

Goodfellas - Uncle Paulie delicately slicing an onion with a razor blade while Ray Liotta describes in detail how they shared the cooking tasks in jail, as if he was describing one of his business ventures.

watch

The Shining - "All work and no play". The whole movie is a series of fantastic shots, but that one pushes the drama/horror over the top.

Another obvious classic, from Apocalypse Now - I love the smell of napalm in the morning

Single-shot opening sequence - The Player

A good opening scene. Eight minute tracking shot, no cuts.

A good closing scene.

2 ppl posting The Player? Must be a goodie.

Hah, damn it, Matty.

Haha, me pro. :spinner:

Stepping out of the all-time classics folder for a bit, I give you the club scene from Killing Zoe, a great bank robbery movie partly produced by Tarantino. I love that movie and I love Julie Delpy (who plays Zoe, a French whore)

Paris, Texas - Harry Dean Stanton walking across a bridge while a man is heard screaming in the distance

I love this movie.