• Replies 25 Comments
  • Views 2,325 Views

Cami

Queen Bee
Since
Dec 27, 2011
Score
Tokens
So I was looking up recipes for those little tiny sausages, because I want some. I cannot tell you how many I came across that people were calling Ketchup, Cutsup. I am thinking, what fuckin retard made this post? So I google it, and apparently it's a thing.
I was never one for thinking myself better then anyone else, but this word seems to be a southern thing, I am starting to wonder who has it right, who is smarter, the Yanks, or the southerns?

http://www.diffen.com/difference/Catsup_vs_Ketchup

Fokkin stupid words. It's ketchup.

In Canada its definitely Ketchup, except in Quebec where its "tomate concasse"

In my direct experience, it has always been ketchup. That's what people in these parts put on their grilled cheese sammiches - end of story. Ketchup.

I have heard of catsup. Not sure where exactly but it is not completely new on me.

First I have heard of this though:

use grape jelly, cami

Kato, I see that in a lot of the recipes, I think I may try that.
Muddy, :smh:

I like ketchup chips. However I can't readily get them. In Canada it's a thing you see. Here, not so much. Maybe that's why I like them.

Anyway, you want tiny sausages?

Steve's step in here bud, is this some kinda fetish? We know you are packing.

Last time she had her period I made an analogy to this recipe that I am not going into further detail on.

:lmao: I see what you did there Matty!

In school, I was taught that it was spelled catsup. I'm not sure why. That's apparently a big word that Catholic schools felt necessary to teach. I'm sure that when the nuns were developing the spelling list for the week, it probably looked a lot like: rosary, trinity, self-flagellation, catsup.

how the fuck is ketchup tomate concasse. tomate concasse is a pain in the ass to make, I once had to concassee 250 tomato, I serious considered cutting myself, so I could get out of work.

how the fuck is ketchup tomate concasse. tomate concasse is a pain in the ass to make, I once had to concassee 250 tomato, I serious considered cutting myself, so I could get out of work.

It's not, plommer just likes to yank Mattys chain.

All in fun.

Coming here as a child I remember being confused often by things not being labeled as what they are. Like in Russia if we had ketchup it would be labeled ketchup. Not HIENZ tomato catsup

I can't believe no one made a joke about this woman badly wanting tiny sausages! This forum is just to mature for Jrich

In school, I was taught that it was spelled catsup. I'm not sure why. That's apparently a big word that Catholic schools felt necessary to teach. I'm sure that when the nuns were developing the spelling list for the week, it probably looked a lot like: rosary, trinity, self-flagellation, catsup.

What's that about? Is their catsup in the bible?

I bet they had catsup at the last supper. The food probably sucked and everyone was all like, "Pass the catsup."

The real question is which was invented first: the ketchup or the french fries?