FhTIUQvWAAse1QK.jpg

FhTM4EgXEAAGLmU.jpg

FhQpfDEXgAA9whZ.jpg

FhQpfDFXwAEfk5p.jpg

FhPn1mFXEAEIMKL.jpg

FhSUJEOWAAApdvy.jpg

FhSHZW0WAAAQkJz.jpg

FhPntiZXkAAUVhz.jpg

RJ my friend taken back by this appearance of not allowing freedom of speech for all? Sounds like Elon has a revolutionary mind that mirrors your own. Viva la Musk.

Still love you lots! :buddy:

RJ my friend taken back by this appearance of not allowing freedom of speech for all? Sounds like Elon has a revolutionary mind that mirrors your own. Viva la Musk.

Still love you lots! :buddy:
Matty is this a compliment?

Juror, here’s a translation for you:

Mr. Monkey likes Elon a lot because Elon is going to reinstate Trump’s Twitter account.

Mr. Monkey thinks you’re attacking Elon (which would also be an attack on Trump and free speech in Mr. Monkey’s eyes).

Mr. Monkey doesn’t realize you’re just commenting on the shit show that is taking place on Twitter since Elon allowed anyone to have a verified check mark (as long as they pay $8 a month) and no one knows who is really who on Twitter.

For what it’s worth, I don’t think Twitter should have ever banned Trump in the first place. I can totally understand how tempting it was to ban him because he’s obviously a threat to democracy but banning him crossed a dangerous line.

#EliLilly

Last edited:
thx daffy

mister monkey elon doesn't care about freedom of speech

mister monkey elon doesn't care about the republican party

he has no interest in the rights of all, that concept is contrary to what he is

the guy is a product of apartheid zuid afrika, it's in their dna

when you're raised in the cradle of hate that shit sticks in your psyche forever, trust me mister monkey

Elon wants to kill traditional media.

Elon deleted this one - it merely said "did it 4 the lulz"

This is a 51yo grown man. :biglaugh:

Matty is this a compliment?
Call an comical opinion. Of course it’s a shitshow that it appears Elon is enjoying. Plenty of other shitshows in our country that literally affect people.

Call an comical opinion. Of course it’s a shitshow that it appears Elon is enjoying. Plenty of other shitshows in our country that literally affect people.
To be clear, you don't think the potential collapse of a massive social media platform affects people?

FWIW Twitter is a cesspool and I'm glad Elon is destroying it from the top.

Facebook next please, Mr. Musk

I like Twitter. I don't think it's being markedly destroyed but I haven't really thought to much about it.

To be clear, you don't think the potential collapse of a massive social media platform affects people?
IMO I believe you answered this question directed at me with your follow up post. Like you stated it's a cesspool so wouldn't destroying it affect people in a GOOD WAY? So much communicating from a distance with complete strangers at times doesn't appear to be productive. I agree with Tron that posters here would realize more common ground if discussing issues person to person. I believe everyone here wants the best for our country in general but just different approaches in getting there.

IMO I believe you answered this question directed at me with your follow up post. Like you stated it's a cesspool so wouldn't destroying it affect people in a GOOD WAY? So much communicating from a distance with complete strangers at times doesn't appear to be productive. I agree with Tron that posters here would realize more common ground if discussing issues person to person. I believe everyone here wants the best for our country in general but just different approaches in getting there.
Well it's useless and annoying to us as white male Americans who don't need it. But it has given a voice to many less fortunate and less well-represented groups. Social movements have given marginalized people a voice. In some parts of the world it has sparked real change and revolution.

Now of course all of these social movements end up getting hijacked and derailed by corporations and people in power and they eventually lose a lot of their meaning and in some cases do harm because of it. But you can't gloss over the amount of good these movements have done for people a lot less fortunate than you and me.

I like Twitter. I don't think it's being markedly destroyed but I haven't really thought to much about it.
The two big issues on-site are increased ads (they now show up one in every 3-4 posts, which is asinine) and total confusion over checkmarks... now there's blue checkmark, "official" black checkmarks, but then a ton of official accounts don't have the official checkmark yet... you have to take an extra step or two to verify things as real now. Like if I see Adam Schefter tweet that Josh Allen is playing, I have to make sure it's really him and not a fake with a blue checkmark and similar looking name.

Musk has also said that people who don't buy the checkmark will have their tweets and responses buried lower than those that do. That sucks.

I'm not a Musk hater and think he deserves time to try shit out and make tweaks based on trial and error. But early returns:

- Way too many ads
- Not clear who's real and fake
- Championing free speech but then putting it behind a paywall
- Talking bankruptcy already

Not optimal.

elon paid like 54 bucks per share for that piece of shit and the shares were worth how much at the time of sale? like 40's?

and trying to get out of it for months scared off large advertisers buying 2023 contracts?

this is gonna be an up hill struggle. How much Did Dorsey himself net off the deal?