• Replies 12 Comments
  • Views 1,076 Views

RogueScholar

I love you, Chord!
Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
I'm going through the qualifying matches and as I see plays that stand out, I'll put them in here in case anybody wants to tail on some morning action. I'm seeing lines out at 5Dimes, SIA and BetUS. I'm sure other books have hung them as well, I just haven't seen them.

Yung-Jan Chan +110 (SIA)
This chick should be favored in this matchup, to find her at + odds is a spectacular line. She's got the better hard court record over the last year, but never gets any respect because she always loses in the first round of the main draw after she qualifies well. I'll take her over anybody outside the Top 100, and her opponent today is ranked #114. Dubois has lost her last four qualy matches at the Premier level, today will make it five in a row.

Arantxa Rus +130 (50Pennies)
Domachowska is really starting to drop off in terms of early and late season form. She's dropped from #37 to #127 over the last four years, and while she tries to make a push for big events like this, it's just not happening for her anymore. She also has a hideous record against lefties, which Rus happens to be. Rus herself happens to be on an upswing in recent form after winning her third WTA title last year and then levelling off. This is another great 50/50 match where I think the "underdog" really could be the favorite. Grab these odds while you can, every other book hanging these lines is already down to +105 or +100.

Sorry, forgot to include a pic of Rus. She's turning into one of the most fetching players on tour lately.

2rr86e1.jpg

i love dutchies

Me too, the Dutch are just very pretty people on balance. They have that Scandinavian flavor without the overly pale complexion which plagues so many people from that region.

The Dutch (very much like Scandinavians) are also very tall.
Average height for men is 62".

my nieces have dutch blood and they are both 5"11 at 11 and 12 yrs old

Kevin Kim -143 (SIA)

FREE MONEY here, people. SIA is slow on this guy, they've got -143 up while all the bigger books are approaching -200. Sure he's 32 and lost a few steps, but his opponent has ONE hard court victory in total for last year. Like I said, easy money.

Somdev Devvarman +100 (Bodog)

Devvarman has been in great form recently and faces a challenger who might approach the court on life support, 33 year old Austrian Stefan Koubek. Koubek had one lucky match a couple weeks ago and beat Feliciano Lopez, so his stock is overinflated right now. Devvarman is similarly undervalued since his last tourney was in Moscow, a 13 hour flight from L.A. In addition, they had to divert to Winnipeg on the way due to a sick passenger. This all went down on Monday morning, so I'm not buying the whole jet-lag excuse. Insanely good price on Devvarman.

Tathiana Garbin +110 (50Pennies)

Two over-the-hill 32 year olds meet up today for the first time. Neither looks very serviceable at this stage in their career, but all Patty Schnyder has left at this stage in her career is her booming serve. Interestingly enough, Garbin has made her bones on the tour by being able to return the big servers. I think Garbin will have a field day with this one, and it probably won't look that way on the scoreline since older players give away tons of free points, but the important points will go to Garbin. Another great place to back the dog in a 55/45 match.