talk to me about Facebook

• Start date
  • Replies 1,820 Comments
  • Views 153,253 Views
Reno, wot the hell man? Why are you making a bunch of Jesus whackadoos appear on my home page?

wait, is that because I said Jesus looked like he was holding his head in his hand?

hmm, I wonder how that works. Is that all I had to do to send the nuts away from my page and onto yours? :thinking:

I guess if you comment on something it goes on all your friends' pages? Unless maybe they have certain settings or something?

I don't know.

I just know I am suddenly looking at a bunch of people declaring their devotion to some random spaghetti monster, and your name is at the top.

great :facepalm:

maybe they defriended me and now you're stuck with em:guitar:

Latest thing seems to be: now between every 6-8 updates on my home page, there is a block of "People you may know."

I guess they are friends of friends who aren't my friends.

I didn't ask for this and don't want it, but don't immediately see any way to get rid of it.

This is new. My home page is currently indicating, "No posts to show." Nothing there besides that message.

Not complaining or anything but I don't get how that makes sense.

Foking Mudcat has been defriended by everybody. I was thinking it would happen to me 1st.

Stuff showing up now. But it's stuff that was posted 7 and 8 hours ago. So why that wouldn't have been there before, I don't know.

Nothing below about 4 items. It used to just keep going on and on, seemingly infinite.

Maybe it's because of me not completing my profile and not trying to friend any of these potential friends they keep showing me and not clicking links to any ads.

Maybe facebook is teaching me a lesson.

At the bottom it says, "Add more friends to see more stories." And there is a link to Find Friends.

I don't actually care if I see more stories and I certainly am not shopping for more friends I hardly know that will immediately go on mute - so no.

But it seems like it is trying to strong-arm me into being more participative.

It even has a vaguely threatening smiley.

Add more friends to see more stories.

:fearpanic:

Maybe the programming thinks you might be having fun and under that theory wants you to have more fun.

became addicted of FB. I wish I never discovered it

Addicted to what Jean? Games? Like I frequently see ads for slot machines. Addicted to something like that?

Or wut?

there's too many unattractive people on my facebook. I don't know who most of these people are, but my friends(?) have some ugly looking friends, relatives, babies.

I have not been looking at the FB news feed much in some time (other than some reunion stuff) but it seems like it is a lot different over last couple of weeks. Like way more about friends of friends commenting on stuff and showing in the news feed as opposed to the little scrolling bar on the side where I used to see things that was not of interest to me. It's particularly annoying because since the reunion my friends list has grown by about %20.

I am going to have to start categorizing people. Ideally I like to keep my friend's list right around 100. It has to be nearing 200 by now. There will have to be some cuts made.

So is it just me, or have they done something in the last 2-3 weeks to make the news feed super annoying and filled with fluff? Maybe that has been addressed in here already, but I'm way too behind with things to go back and back read many threads.

The only wrinkle I have noticed is this:

Latest thing seems to be: now between every 6-8 updates on my home page, there is a block of "People you may know."

I guess they are friends of friends who aren't my friends.

I didn't ask for this and don't want it, but don't immediately see any way to get rid of it.

And the only thing I would add is that maybe I found a way to get rid of it - although it takes some effort so maybe it's just stupid. But if you just kinda click them off one-by-one - like there's an X in the top corner and if you just click it - and do it a hundred times or whatever until they are all gone - they seem to stay gone.

Other than that, seems like the same old crap to me.