Switzerland's Women Need A Miracle

Polaroid

I need a tittle
Since
Jan 21, 2010
Score
Tokens
February 22nd 1980 is a date that it etched in the minds of a lot of people. Most will remember it as the sad day when Oskar Kokoschka, an Austrian artist and playwright most famous for his expressionistic paintings, died at the age of 93. After fleeing Austria from the Nazis in 1934 he lived in Czechoslovakia, the United Kingdom, the United States before moving to Switzerland where he died in the Montreux region.

Some others may remember it as the day for what was deemed the Miracle On Ice at the 1980 Olympics in Lake Placid where the decades old Cold War was played out on an ice rink between a dominant Russian team full of professionals against a bunch of American college kids and amateurs. Oh, and the college kids won 4-3 by the way.

hakfhaach.jpg

Now, we fast forward 30 years and we get to the Women's Hockey at the 2010 games. Some of the results so far have been so lop-sided that ESPN style journalists - with nothing better to fill their column inches due to no NFL, winding down of the NHL and a break in the NBA - have been debating having a mercy rule. Like treating grown ups representing their country like school kids. Please.

But anyway, we have Canada Vs Switzerland starting Monday at 530pm EST. It seems that Switzerland are going to need their own 2010 miracle on ice to get through this one. It’s Canada who were 18-0 winners over Slovakia a couple of days ago who play Switzerland after losing 3-0 to Sweden. And Sweden are -7.5 favorites against Slovakia. Maybe it is like high school sports after all. Take Canada -9.5, available at Pinnacle for -143. Actually the over 11.5 at +102 might be a better shot in this potential blow out.

Took -10.0 (-117) at SBOBet. 2 units.
Looking to offset 1 unit on the +10.5 at Betfair.

If anyone is interested there is an Arb available here:

SIA have Switzerland +10.5 @ +100
5Dimes have Canada -10.5 @ +115

SIA probably takes up to $32.68 on this. Lemme check.

Edit - actually, they let me parlay the total with a NCAAB total for $232 and change, so it looks like they have decent limits (by SIA's own standards.)

Go under 11.5.

Last edited:
SIA probably takes up to $32.68 on this. Lemme check.

Edit - actually, they let me parlay the total with a NCAAB total for $232 and change, so it looks like they have decent limits (by SIA's own standards.)

Go under 11.5.

No risk small profit for me but a 2.3 unit middle on Canada -10.
Not looking good ATM.

No risk small profit for me but a 2.3 unit middle on Canada -10.
Not looking good ATM.

5-0
I have half a chance now!

5-0
I have half a chance now!

Looking decent now - these idiots are still playing as if they were down a goal. :surrender: Go clock!

9-1
9 mins left.
Cmon 2 more.

Jeez 10-1
It looks like they might go over 10.

You'll get it... the Swiss are like "wtf bitches, let's just run out the clock"

You'll get it... the Swiss are like "wtf bitches, let's just run out the clock"

I need exactly 10 Matty for my middle.
Backup goalie for the Swiss now.

That starting goalie still managed 45 saves... insanity.

Weeeeee, u11.5 barely cashes! Sawry Dunder.