sunday morning breakfast

• Start date
  • Replies 36 Comments
  • Views 3,034 Views
this one will never get that big pavy. wish it would, but i'd have to plant it and then it would be very difficult to care for when we had our occasional upper-teens, low-20s weather.

this one will never get that big pavy. wish it would, but i'd have to plant it and then it would be very difficult to care for when we had our occasional upper-teens, low-20s weather.

Forgot about the frost. Maybe you can plant it in a wheel barrow and when it gets freezing you push it in the garage or barn (j/k).

I like that idea pavy! Would the root systems cooperate with wheel barrow sized area bud?

I like that idea pavy! Would the root systems cooperate with wheel barrow sized area bud?

The wheel barrow will give you more room for the roots to grow than the biggest size pot you can get. But after 10 years that will be too small for it too.

we are now in the sunday afternoon cocktail hour.

red beans with smoked ham and cornbread for dinner to follow.

11oct30-wblemon1.jpg

Nice pic BB! Lots of trees down there! I'm thinking only dirt and tumbleweed in your town but surprisingly to me thats south Texas looks like that!

BB, needs to get some sort of novel hybrid tv show.....

part cooking, part beer brewing, cocktail making, gardening, wildlife, truck tinkering, wood working, whittling, home repair, sex advice, sage wisdom on current events, sage wisdom on call ins, emails, letters, faxes....

I'd watch it!!!!!!!!!

Forgot about the frost. Maybe you can plant it in a wheel barrow and when it gets freezing you push it in the garage or barn (j/k).
haha! i've got it in a planter now that i can move with a 2-wheeler, plan to move up a notch in size on the planter next spring, and that's probably as large as i'll go. what i need is an acre-sized greenhouse, constant 82F, to keep things going in the winter.

Nice pic BB! Lots of trees down there! I'm thinking only dirt and tumbleweed in your town but surprisingly to me thats south Texas looks like that!
well we're officially north since we're north of i-10, albeit by a grand total of about 25 miles. you get much south of here and the trees get smaller real quick, more mesquite and less oak.

BB, needs to get some sort of novel hybrid tv show.....
this world needs less 'reality shows,' but if the price was right i'd whore myself out for one. call it uncle willie's magic storybook. i would have the doors for my first band. jim morrison was the first rapper, you know.

Great music choice BB!

got no clue, betplom. i'd guess that corn was available in the 14th century in at least some parts of what is today texas and northern mexico. and if it was indeed growing, the people here then were probably using it to grind into some sort of meal for a bread.

Bay Bud how big is your ranch? Is it bigger than Ponderosa?

do you really think BB would have had all the time to give you and fiver infractions and get all the whiny pm's for all those years if he had a half million acre ranch?

common pavy

stick to reality divorces and weddings

Bay Bud how big is your ranch? Is it bigger than Ponderosa?
i don't consider anything less than a section (640 acres) to be a ranch. you can still farm or ranch on smaller parcels of land, but to own a real ranch, you need a section.

our lot is about a hundredth of a ranch.

my family's ranch is about three hours from here. it is nearly six sections.

BB:

how many gallons in a section, or litres in a ranch?

how many gallons in a section
208,546,112 gallons (acre-feet) to a section of land. any dumberican knows that, plommer :isnothing: