Stock Picking - Straight Gambling

• Start date
  • Replies 512 Comments
  • Views 32,668 Views
Bought a number of FRAK shares today. Huge fan of the energy production and independence the process gives the US. It's a potential lift for exports and jobs and the environmental concerns are overblown. Get in on North America's new energy boom!

Sell short 100 shares of TIF @ 103.25. Cover half @ 96 and another half @ 93. Accept losses if stock rises to 113.58 (10%).

Boner,

Check out AMRN and tell me what you think.

I have been following it and I think at the price, it's a good BUY now.

Casper, the chart says dont go near it, or if anything its gonna go down. Sure its relatively cheap (relatively being 3 year history) but its a pharma stock and needs a catalyst to move higher. Are they getting results of a drug trial soon? I don't look at fundemntals (income statement and balance sheet stuff) thats my.wifes department,.ill see what she thinks. Think of my technical analysis like steam chasing and my wife's fundamental analysis like stat based handicapping.

It looks like a lotto ticket to me. Cheap for a reason.

What's the latest on our TSLA Challenge?

The stock is almost back to where we started 250... ill run the numbers now.

Oh no...it was back to 250... now 227.

Tsla longs are -2560
Tsla shorts are -1040

Basically if it stays between 225-275 by the third Friday off January we both lose $3900. Although in the real world I would have taken some $$ off the table when the stock was $185 and I was well in the money. But.. air betzzz ain't the real world.

Boner, they had to prove their drug was better than a placebo recently. The stock dropped $6 in a matter of a week about 6 months ago. Since then, all the news I have read on it has been positive and they are going in the right direction of getting heart medicine on the market within the next 2 years.

I just bought 100 shares of ARP for $11.31 a share.

GAMBOL

I hope it goes through the roof and you make millions

Last edited:
Matty buys 100 TSLA jan 2015 275 strike calls for $3900 - 10% premium to todays trade.
Boner buys 100 TSLA jan 2015 225 strike calls for $3900 - 10% discount to todays trade.

Matty's investment worth $0
Boner's investment worth $1400

Unless this thing spikes in either direction by 1/17 it looks like we both lose. To translate, it was 250 on that day I bet it would be $225 or less by now and I made Matty bet that it'd be $275 or more by now. While it's less than $225 I paid more in juice to place the bet than I'd get in return if I cashed it now...

Bookie wins again.

In this case the bookie was another investor. This is matchbook, not 5dimes.

This spiked to the downside. My position is worth ~3500 air dollars, still 400 less than I paid for it. Need another couple % down by Friday in order to get back to even.