So LOST resumes tonight

• Start date
  • Replies 122 Comments
  • Views 7,610 Views
I tend to avoid TV like this since I always tend to forget to which, I understand in this series especially, is pretty important. I just stick to 24, if I miss one then I get a recap the next week and not miss out on much. So - is this worth watching from the beginning?

What does a pro gambler need with rsums anyway?

So - is this worth watching from the beginning?

I'd say no. I mean, it actually seems quite interesting at first so in that sense it is worth watching. But you keep watching and it just goes on and on for years with more mysteries being added and nothing being solved.

But some people love it.

MrsMonkey watched it and said tonight's episode was lame! Sorry, just the messenger!:moped:

I get annoyed enough when there's unresolved business from one week to the next in 24 so I'll pass if it's going to be 5 seasons of even worse. The website says there's a one hour refresher before the start so I'll try and watch this season online.

I'm on the same page as MrsMonkey about tonight's episode.

I watched the first two seasons and lost interest because it was going NOWHERE.

What was the monster in the trees when they first arrived? Why hasn't Hurly lost ANY weight? Why were they picking up weird signals/countdowns?

I watched the first two seasons and lost interest because it was going NOWHERE.

What was the monster in the trees when they first arrived? Why hasn't Hurly lost ANY weight? Why were they picking up weird signals/countdowns?

Let me Lostpedia :lmao: this for ya.

Smoke Monster

Countdown

Radio signal

And Hurley hogged the supplies. He had a secret stash somewhere.

I lurrrve Lost. I can't help myself. But so help me God, if this just ends up being a miniature scene in some kids snowglobe or some shit...I might find JJ, Damon and Carlton, file them in a single file line and kick them square in the balls.

I will give LOST credit for one thing. **SLIGHT OBTUSE SPOILER** They aren't afraid to kill off people. So many shows, you see a main character getting in peril and you know nothing is going to happen to them. But LOST just goes ahead and lets them die.

I respect a show that is okay with some killin'.

I've spent a couple hours on Lostpedia last night trying to refresh my memory and make sense of the timeline.

This could well be the most convoluted piece of mythology in the history of mankind.

Yeah I had totally forgotten that they all blew up in a nuclear explosion at the end of last season.

How's that for a statement on how unimportant the details are on that show? On most shows, an A-bomb cliff-hanger would bring up questions you would ponder through the whole off-season about who lived and who died and how much damage is done.

On LOST it's not even worth retaining. It's like, "Nuclear explosion? Meh. Shouldn't affect much."

Last night was okay. It was nice to get the show going again, but I wasn't really thrilled with it. Seeing flashes of the Oceanic 11 plane not crashing was different. Also Juliet telling Miles that she had to tell Sawyer the plan worked was interesting. Making it seem like the bomb plan worked but you have to actually die on the island to get off it.

'taliter, you just revived my headache. Trying to make sense of this mess is like discovering a huge painting one random square inch at a time.

Someone will have to create an interactive video encylopedia of the series someday, hyperlinking every notable scene/item/plot element/character to all other relevant bits from the show.

I lead a fascinating life.

'taliter, you just revived my headache. Trying to make sense of this mess is like discovering a huge painting one random square inch at a time.

Someone will have to create an interactive video encylopedia of the series someday, hyperlinking every notable scene/item/plot element/character to all other relevant bits from the show.

I lead a fascinating life.

I agree with you about this show. I once had a friend who never watched the first 3 seasons. Rented them on DVD and watched them in like a month. They realized so much more stuff about the show than I did regarding the time-line and such. They gave me a headache trying to explain how they knew all the stuff that I did not remember ever happening.

I watched a rip of the 5-seasons-packed-into-one-hour thing they showed and I've just watched the first 2 episodes on the ABC website. I want to clear up a few things that might help to get me through this final season. Please don't confuse me by throwing things in which I'm not going to understand.

1) At the end of S5, the blond one who later died let off the bomb which was I presume was supposed to make everything back to normal. Then she said from the dead "it worked" - so the bomb made a split so that they continue in the "current" time sphere alongside a LAX time sphere where the plane didn't blow up?

2) Is John Locke dead and has taken the human form of the smoke thing? Who were the people on the beach at the end where he walked past his own dead body? Is the "plane not crash" timeline affecting the "present" with him - in the LAX bit, it looks like he's going to get his legs back so is that why he's able to walk?

I think that's it.

Question 1 - That is not knowable at this point. Desmond was on the plane in this week's episode but he wasn't originally so I don't see why a refreshed timeline would have him there of all places instead of, you know, anywhere else in the world that a person might be. I really have no idea what they're doing with that.

Question 2 - John Locke was killed by Ben at some point. But there was always the understanding that he needed to die for some reason to make everything okay. Now he does indeed seem to be the embodiment of the smoke monster. So I don't know if that is the end of his journey or what (probably not). As for those people on the beach, I honestly don't remember where they hell they came from.

These are not tremendous answers I am giving - I understand that. But that's what I got at the moment.

Fuck me.