• Replies 21 Comments
  • Views 2,597 Views

Vegas Dave

Not a Real GameLiver
Since
Jan 28, 2010
Score
Tokens
Just re-upped for shits and giggles, my God.

Unlike FullTilt where the better hand holds up, you know, the appropriate amount of the time, PS is absolutely asinine.

I was doing well in a tourney (after having been low on chips and pushing w/ A9, only to beat AK, of course), had KK to my opponents Ah7h, he is all in preflop.

3h 4d Ks. I literally don't even bother to get excited, because of that one heart.

Turn heart, river heart.

Down to about 750, I have no choice but to push with 8h5h. I destroy the opposition when the board comes 6 5 5 5 K.

Pick up AcQc and push, only to be promptly kicked out of the tourney by 9J offsuit when he rivers his 9.

"That's poker!"... eh, not so much. I've played plenty live and on FT, and have never felt the constant urge to LOL like I do on this shitty site.

I loathe online poker and very happy that I have plenty of live places close by anytime I like. And yea, the low %'s seem to hit a lot more online than IRL for sure.

Man I don't know Dave, I've had runs for what seems like months like that at Full Tilt (in the middle of one right now :lmao: ) they happen everywhere. What separates the good from the bad players, I think, is how they react to them.

Man I don't know Dave, I've had runs for what seems like months like that at Full Tilt (in the middle of one right now :lmao: ) they happen everywhere. What separates the good from the bad players, I think, is how they react to them.

It's frustrating, I've tried so hard to get into online poker, but I never can. I just can't play at the same level I do live. Just get bored/lose focus online, for whatever reason.

It'd be nice to not have to drive 30 mins both ways to play live, but that seems to be my only option.

I fail to see any legitament bad beats in this thread.

I've never seen a legitament anything.

I fail to see any legitament bad beats in this thread.

I agree, none of these are particularly legitament-ly bad beats. Math is math, though. 20 should beat 80 20% of the time, not (what feels like) 50% of the time.

It's kharma for something bad you did in reall life. Repent and you will run better.

I played at PokerStars for a couple of years on the same deposit. Not that I play a lot. But everything seemed fine to me. Good stretches, bad stretches.

Just think of it this way, how often does a -250 favorite or so lose in sports? About as often as it should, based on the win percentages of a -250 favorite winning and losing.

Same thing applies to poker. Those preflop situations are what, at 70/30 favorite before the flop? It's the equivalent of losing a baseball game as a -230 favorite. Happens all the time.

You can't just play 2 tournaments and say it's rigged. Have to play thousands and thousands of hands, maybe 100,000 hands, to get an accurate sample to determine whats going on.

There is a whole watchdog scenario over online poker after the Absolute scandal, those poker guys are smart and they will figure it out the next time it happens, in terms of cheating.

So in short, it's not rigged, variance happens. I've hit 1 outers before on there, and had them hit against me. We just remember the times where we got bad beated.

Just think of it this way, how often does a -250 favorite or so lose in sports? About as often as it should, based on the win percentages of a -250 favorite winning and losing.

Same thing applies to poker. Those preflop situations are what, at 70/30 favorite before the flop? It's the equivalent of losing a baseball game as a -230 favorite. Happens all the time.

You can't just play 2 tournaments and say it's rigged. Have to play thousands and thousands of hands, maybe 100,000 hands, to get an accurate sample to determine whats going on.

There is a whole watchdog scenario over online poker after the Absolute scandal, those poker guys are smart and they will figure it out the next time it happens, in terms of cheating.

So in short, it's not rigged, variance happens. I've hit 1 outers before on there, and had them hit against me. We just remember the times where we got bad beated.

I know how the game works. I also know that I'm probably imagining things.

Just always cringe-worthy for me on this site.

I feel that you just see more hands in online play, thus you notice more bad beats.

I have a question for you guys.

I'm not a poker guy, never played a hand online in my life. I know that honesty, or at least the illusion of it, is a key issue as this thread shows.

I know a guy starting a site with live dealers and real cards to address that issue. Obviously that could be "rigged" too, anything can be rigged.

But do you think that's something that would have appeal to people?

Those poker sites track how often you play at the same table as someone and if it's often, they will look at the play, etc. to determine if there is collusion going on.

I wouldn't worry about collusion.

I loathe online poker and very happy that I have plenty of live places close by anytime I like. And yea, the low %'s seem to hit a lot more online than IRL for sure.

Bread if you sat with me at the Wynn and watched guys hit their two outers, flush draws and straight draws for 4 days against me you'd understand live poker is far more rigged.

So hard for me to believe that PokerStars is fair

Me too, I received too many reminders of why I stopped playing there. I re-deposited and have been playing at PS the last couple of days, strictly 1 table sng's, many "double up" sng's. I monied once in about 15 tournies, incredible.

On iPoker network I money in the $20 double up sit and go tourneys around 80% of the time. I will say that the competition on PS is alot tougher than iPoker.

I'm done with PS for a while, gonna stick to playing at iPoker only.

So what you are saying is there is no dummy money there.

I think the poker fad is over, thankfully.

Is there a more boring form of gambling?