Sing a Song Saturday

• Start date
  • Replies 320 Comments
  • Views 14,669 Views
Love it Reno. That might be my favorite one yet. :chickendance: I know you weren't in the mood to do this today. Glad you pushed thru it. :megarock:

revolucionario - have a nice little che guevara beard there

:up: I figure the only way I can grow sideburns without accidentally shaving them off is to grow the whole beard.

Strong message to this one.

On a side note: I am starting to suspect reno's videos are recorded by Keebler elves.

kinda went from the idea of making a song for iag and whoever here wants to hear, despite not being motivated originally. To the broader issue of living/acting a certain way for those few who may be in solidarity and understanding. :hattip: after finding some motivation from may day photos

Ozzy said never to explain lyrics. :hides:

kinda went from the idea of making a song for iag and whoever here wants to hear, despite not being motivated originally. To the broader issue of living/acting a certain way for those few who may be in solidarity and understanding. :hattip: after finding some motivation from may day photos

Ozzy said never to explain lyrics. :hides:

I feel bad for pseudo guilting you into it.,,actually I don't think I pushed it when you said you weren't up to it, but maybe on a subconscious level you felt a need to not "let your friends down."

it did force you to produce a great sing a song Saturday piece, so I can't feel too bad. I like this one a lot. It's got edge.

We need more original music around these parts. Lots of GLers are musically inclined it seems like. Not me, but I know there are a few.

yeah no. I'm glad you enjoy these. If it wasnt for you I wouldn't have done them. I'm glad to have this format. Pretty proud of myself being able to come up with a tune on whatever subject comes to mind. I know they're incomplete, but it would be pretty easy to turn them into full songs.
I feel that they've gotten more complex over the weeks :up: anyway, thanx pal

yeah no. I'm glad you enjoy these. If it wasnt for you I wouldn't have done them. I'm glad to have this format. Pretty proud of myself being able to come up with a tune on whatever subject comes to mind. I know they're incomplete, but it would be pretty easy to turn them into full songs.
I feel that they've gotten more complex over the weeks :up: anyway, thanx pal

:buddy: I really think this last one has a lot of full song potential. I'm glad I helped coax you into something creative. I wish I could do the same for myself.

It is amazing to watch people with dementia/Alzheimers respond to music. They can't remember their kids, but they can remember all the words to a song they knew 30 years ago.

They can be sitting their slumped over, gazing into nowhere and put on some music and they come to life. It really is something to see. There is a lot being done with "music therapy" in nursing homes/memory units these days.

I always think about how in nursing homes they play hymns and patriotic music or songs you would hear on Lawrence Welk....when we get there, are they going to have us singing "Baby hit me one more time?" What kind of music will be played?

Don't mean to get off on a tangent, but one of those weird things I think about sometimes.