Should I join the navy?

• Start date
  • Replies 26 Comments
  • Views 2,433 Views

Should I join the navy?

• Yes you're a degenerate. Get yourself together guy.

Votes: 8 57.1%
  • No you should jump off a cliff.

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters

Patty

Since
Feb 2, 2010
Score
Tokens
Been contemplating doing so to turn my life around. I'm a chucked high roller turned brock dick semi-professional gambler. I went from the big time to the broke dick mountain in about a 2 week span. I don't have a job. Don't have a college degree. Just figure this might be the best way to get an education while making some money. Thoughts? I need pros and cons from anyone who has been in the military.:pavy:

I would think a big factor would be if your country is at war. I am seeing a Greek flag there so I don't know the status. Are you guys still squabbling with the Turks all the time?

Point being, enlistment in the armed forces of a country which is at war can greatly increase your chances of ending up all dead'n'stuff.

I'm not sure how many naval casualties there have been in the wars with Iraq and Afghanistan, but I would be willing to bet that unless you are in some sort of special forces unit (i.e. Navy Seals), the chances of death in action aren't much greater than during times of peace.

for it. but only if this isn't some whimsical choice...because once you sign up, they have you for awhile.....

LOL they're gonna love your sweet ass in the Navy.

I'm not sure how many naval casualties there have been in the wars with Iraq and Afghanistan, but I would be willing to bet that unless you are in some sort of special forces unit (i.e. Navy Seals), the chances of death in action aren't much greater than during times of peace.

I suppose that's true. You do not hear about the great maritime battles of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Well my general comment would be that I do not totally buy the reasoning of joining the Navy to "turn my life around" from the issues you referenced. I don't know your whole story but it sounds like compulsive gambling is a big factor. That will not go away just because you change your geography. That is inside you.

There is also the obvious question of if you are cut out for a highly disciplined military life.

There may be some value to a temporary solution like that. It seems to me it would just be a form of procrastination - however I could not dismiss the notion of getting an education and making some money.

Man how long will it take till the guys start to stuff missing from their cabin with Yellowfist9 on board?

This will not end well for Yellowfist, but the sharks will get a nice meal! :moped:

Join

Boot camp will straighten your shit out.

Good luck soldier

A career in the military has certainly helped a goodly number of ill-disciplined oafs to sort themselves out but I dare say that there are an equally large number who regret doing it and carry the resentment of authority for many years afterwards.
It is the type of decision you can only make for yourself but whatever you do make sure you do it for the right reasons.

No don't join. You need discipline being in the military.

How old are you? Do you live alone? If no degree, look at learning some kind of trade possibly? The military hasn't been the same for years. More or less you're gambling that you will survive the ordeal? Politicians are so crooked and nobody gives a crap about young men and women dying on foreign soil. I'm kinda non-serious and a clown about alot of issues here, but the whole world seems to be so fuked up right now that I like trying to get through every day with a smile on my face? Don't make a hasty decision! :yes:

No don't join. You need discipline being in the military.

It could be argued that joining the military forces you to be disciplined.

Don't overthink this stuff. Do the right thing. Flip a coin.

I don't think the Armed Services is for you, Pat. Honestly I think you'd do a lot more growing up being in jail for a little while; you don't really need someone to teach you discipline, you just need to learn to live somewhere that doesn't tolerate your bad choices. The military is just another form of job, something which you really haven't shown much success with yet. Sure you can join and force them to change you, but with your obstinacy and relative unfamiliarity with hard work chances are you'd be disciplined a lot and thus always stuck at the bottom of the ladder which would infuriate you. Next thing we know you've mowed down half your platoon with an Uzi and spend the rest of your days in Leavenworth reading the odds on games from a four-day-old USA Today that you got for a blowjob.

I don't think you have a problem gambling, I think you have a problem working. I'd love to see you get shipped down to Latin America for six months to build houses for Habitat for Humanity. I think manual labor, performed away from the protection of your parents, is your best option. Working hard to improve the lives of others would not only instill some work ethic in you but it would give you some self-esteem. Too long have you been covering your self-loathing with humour and bluster. Time to make a decision that will allow you to see yourself as a good person, and someone worthy of success. Once you have those, the success comes automatically.

I think the military would be a great option. It would get you out of your parents' house and you would be working hard for your own money. It will be a lifestyle change but it is probably just what you need at this point in your life.

I can get into good shape pretty quickly. I used to be able to do 60 non stop and i didn't exactly work hard at it.