Shootouts in hockey should be ..............

• Start date
  • Replies 30 Comments
  • Views 2,104 Views
A home run derby is not baseball at all since the pitcher is not trying. Bad comparison.

The point is that baseball, like hockey, is a team sport and to end a team based sport on a skills competition is a bit silly.

But I don't hate the shootout during the regular season in the NHL. I really hate them in tournament play.

this is gonna be some weird historic record for Oshie. I mean its a pretty memorable event. Actually that whole game was something. Luckilly it was pretty meaningless as far as your tournament chances go. And the superior team lost. :grin:

Prob good for Russia, do like Canada did in the past. Lose to shitty teams in 1st round, come out like gorillas in elimination round.

I don't even mind shootouts, it's still better than a tie. I just like arguing.

Hey look everyone, it's the gambling, ginger, vegetable!

Hello Tomato!!!

V8-260x300.jpg

Goalies are taught from pee wee's on how to knock the net off. More goalies should take advantage of it.

Uuuuuum, I'm a Hockey Canada certified coach. I can tell you for sure that we do not teach or instruct our goalies to knock the net off.

Uuuuuum, I'm a Hockey Canada certified coach. I can tell you for sure that we do not teach or instruct our goalies to knock the net off.

Well, I got the stupid US certification, and in a clinic I went to they talked about how a goalie can "unintentionally" knock the net off to get a whistle.

I occasionally have my high school goalies do it in practice.

PLease stop doing that Tully. That's like Ryan Kesler constantly diving. Just dirty.

I dont believe in diving to get a call. But I am ok with a goalie knocking the net off to get a whistle. Not saying it is right, but I believe diving takes no skill, but I believe that knocking the net off the pegs discreetly has some skill involved.

But both are dirty Tully. Divers who dive do so ( or should) in a discreet fashion. Some are masters at it, but their act always will catch up to them. Knocking the net off is almost cowardly. If that makes sense.