Shootouts in hockey should be ..............

• Start date
  • Replies 30 Comments
  • Views 2,133 Views

PuckOff

Since
Jan 27, 2010
Score
Tokens
ABOLISHED.

What a silly way to decide a hockey game. Silly gimmick. Just play the game out like it should be played. Russia got robbed on the goal that was called back. Silly rule.

STFU pucky

Any game that goes the distance is a coinflip anyway

Your simple anglo canadian mind should still be able to grasp that concept

:light:

Kiss my ass you french cunt!!!

I think it makes it exciting for non-hockey fans. Maybe that minimizes the team aspect of the sport but if you don't like it why don't you win in regulation?

The medal games go to infinite OT right?

Common pucker. The net was WAY off.

Blitty you have to change your avatar pic to T.J. Oshie. He's no Jonathan Toews, but he was pretty hot in the shootout.

The medal games go to infinite OT right?

Common pucker. The net was WAY off.

Yes it was off, but Quick knocked it off. Should have been a good goal, but it's the Olympics. Maybe all teams should just knock the net off when the pressure is on in their end. That Olympic rule is silly.

I think it makes it exciting for non-hockey fans.

Having 350 lb linemen punting and kicking the PAT would make the NFL more exciting for non fans like myself.

Looking forward to that.

3 on 3 would be a lot more exciting way to go... Hell 2 on 2 would be insane.

Shoutouts are like sex. The longer they last the better it is.

how about goalies only?

1 on 1 goaltender battle! Jonathan Quick, he shoots HE SCORES!!

Quincy COMMON!!

Shoutouts are like sex. The longer they last the better it is.

Agree with this ONLY if not paying by the hour.

how about goalies only?

1 on 1 goaltender battle!

Quincy COMMON!!

Goalie ONLY SHOOTOUT.. FTW I guess we should have brought Brodeur!

3 on 3 is coming to the NHL within the next 2-3 years.

Yes it was off, but Quick knocked it off. Should have been a good goal, but it's the Olympics. Maybe all teams should just knock the net off when the pressure is on in their end. That Olympic rule is silly.

:yes: they should be penalizing more often when the net goes off in general.

I'm for the shootout, but that was retarded. Same guy? come on. Might as well arm wrestle if you gonna do that.

From a non-hockey watching Uhmerican, it was very entertaining. I could see how purists could be put off by the format, but it is a hell of a lot better than ending in a tie.

Goalies are taught from pee wee's on how to knock the net off. More goalies should take advantage of it.