Saul 'el Canelo' Alvarez vs Jaime 'el Tatanka' Munguia - Cuatro de Mayo

• Start date
  • Replies 62 Comments
  • Views 335 Views
I don't know what you watched. He got outworked but he certainly didn't get clowned.
I certainly respect the effort, he kept swinging and had nice durability. But he landed nothing of substance while taking consistent damage. I guess we can debate on the semantics of "clowned", but it was pretty damn one-sided.

I'm with you though, going the distance and still throwing combos to the end is a fine enough effort for a big dog.

In any case gg, go get some rest big Matty Rain lots of ball and puck to crunch numbers on this Cinco de Mayo!

Per urbandictionary: "Clown - A wack muthafucka and/or a straight up moron. Someone who is a complete joke to everyone around them. People labelled as clowns are so wack or stupid that no one takes them seriously and just laughs at them, just like a circus clown. If you get called a clown and you're not an actual circus clown, you must respond with instant hostility or else you might as well join the circus."

Alright I retract my previous statement he wasn't that bad :laugh:

But he landed nothing of substance while taking consistent damage.
That was it in a nutshell. Meaning against a guy like Alvarez it was nothing of substance. Other fighters might have been hurt. Not Canelo. And he did take consistent damage though Canelo threw less punches but more effective. Lesser fighters might have been knocked out. Munguia can sure take a punch.

He won first few rounds but like Canelo stated afterwards, was just feeling him out. Said he anticipated well the punches coming at him and watching could see never was in trouble. @Matty IMO Davey saying clowned didn't mean he got wiped out. Honestly at the end of round 12 Alvarez appeared to have a chance at knocking him out but held back. I think is was kinda of countryman respect not going for the kill.
:mexico:

Final UD tally
117-110
116-111
115-112